Original Private Practice cast member Audra McDonald will be leaving the Grey’s Anatomy spinoff at the end of the season. According to TVLine’s Michael Ausiello who scooped the news, New York-based McDonald is exiting the show to spend more time with her family, including 10-year-old daughter Zoe, in the Big Apple. For the past 4 years, she has been bi-coastal while filming Private Practice in Los Angeles. While she won’t be a regular on the medical drama anymore, McDonald is expected to reprise her character of Naomi in guest appearances.
Audra McDonald To Depart 'Private Practice'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres