Original Private Practice cast member Audra McDonald will be leaving the Grey’s Anatomy spinoff at the end of the season. According to TVLine’s Michael Ausiello who scooped the news, New York-based McDonald is exiting the show to spend more time with her family, including 10-year-old daughter Zoe, in the Big Apple. For the past 4 years, she has been bi-coastal while filming Private Practice in Los Angeles. While she won’t be a regular on the medical drama anymore, McDonald is expected to reprise her character of Naomi in guest appearances.
Audra McDonald To Depart 'Private Practice'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Andreeva
- 'Red Band Society' Pulled From Schedule, Will Stop Production After 13 Episodes
- Joe Bastianich To Depart 'MasterChef' Franchise
- Joel McHale To Produce E! Pilot About Snarky Web Comments
- Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
- Viola Davis & Debra Martin Chase Produce Drama Based On Prosecutor Kym Worthy