Amber Heard (Zombieland) is in talks for a lead role on the NBC drama pilot Playboy. The project, from 20th TV/Imagine TV, is set at the Playboy Club in Chicago in 1963. Heard would play a new hire at the club, originally an orphan from Fort Wayne, an inquisitive young woman with an untethered sexuality and a dark past. Alan Taylor, who directed the pilot for AMC’s Mad Men, is directing Playboy from a script by Chad Hodge.
Amber Heard In Talks For NBC's 'Playboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' Raises To $20M; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Sat. Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
Latest TV News
- Did ‘Luke Cage’ Break Netflix? Outage Leaves Saturday Bingers In Dark
- NBC Axes Manson Drama ‘Aquarius’ After Two Seasons
- Richard Trentlage Dies; Ad Man Wrote Iconic Oscar Mayer Wiener Jingle
- ‘MacGyver’ Ratings Down In Week 2 But CBS Still Tops Night, ‘Exorcist’ Falls
- Samantha Bee On Debate: Donald Trump Revealed Himself In Small Ways
- Sean Penn Plugs Mysterious “Author” Pappy Pariah On HBO’s ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’