Amber Heard (Zombieland) is in talks for a lead role on the NBC drama pilot Playboy. The project, from 20th TV/Imagine TV, is set at the Playboy Club in Chicago in 1963. Heard would play a new hire at the club, originally an orphan from Fort Wayne, an inquisitive young woman with an untethered sexuality and a dark past. Alan Taylor, who directed the pilot for AMC’s Mad Men, is directing Playboy from a script by Chad Hodge.
Amber Heard In Talks For NBC's 'Playboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Moana' Close To 'Frozen'; Awards Raise 'Manchester's Tide; 'Jackie' Still Regal - Saturday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Still Hates Alec Baldwin’s ‘SNL’ Impression, Tweets “Can’t Get Any Worse”
- ‘SNL’ Pokes At Donald Trump’s CNN Tweets – And Gives Shout-Out To Real-Life High School Supporter
- Megyn Kelly Says ‘Don’t Believe’ Media Speculation About Job Switch
- Netflix Sets Premieres For ‘Sense8’ Christmas Special & Season 2
- Fox Wins Night With PAC-12 Championship Ratings, ‘I Love Lucy’ Holiday Special Down
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88