Amber Heard (Zombieland) is in talks for a lead role on the NBC drama pilot Playboy. The project, from 20th TV/Imagine TV, is set at the Playboy Club in Chicago in 1963. Heard would play a new hire at the club, originally an orphan from Fort Wayne, an inquisitive young woman with an untethered sexuality and a dark past. Alan Taylor, who directed the pilot for AMC’s Mad Men, is directing Playboy from a script by Chad Hodge.
Amber Heard In Talks For NBC's 'Playboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- Front Row Filmed Entertainment Inks Deal With Iflix For Egyptian Sitcom ‘Tough Luck’
- AMC Networks Teams With Charter To Co-Produce Original Content
- Stephen Colbert Takes On Alex Jones, George Soros And Big Yogurt
- ESPN To Lay Off About 100 Employees Including On-Air Personalities And Writers
- ‘The Tick’ Gets August Premiere Date On Amazon
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: NBC Teams With Youku For Localized Version In China