Amber Heard (Zombieland) is in talks for a lead role on the NBC drama pilot Playboy. The project, from 20th TV/Imagine TV, is set at the Playboy Club in Chicago in 1963. Heard would play a new hire at the club, originally an orphan from Fort Wayne, an inquisitive young woman with an untethered sexuality and a dark past. Alan Taylor, who directed the pilot for AMC’s Mad Men, is directing Playboy from a script by Chad Hodge.
Amber Heard In Talks For NBC's 'Playboy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Michael Dann Dies: Longtime CBS Programming Chief Was 94
- ‘Transparent’ Renewed For Season 4 By Amazon
- Amazon Japan Unveils Ambitious Original Content Slate
- Don Johnson, Rupert Grint & Nick Frost Get A ‘Sick Note’ In Sky Atlantic Series
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Review: Cillian Murphy & Gang Raise Stakes In Strong Return
- 'Roots' Review: Reimagined Slavery Epic Poignant In Era Of Black Lives Matter