EXCLUSIVE: Anthony Ruivivar (The Whole Truth) and Nicole Ari Parker (Soul Food) have joined the cast of A&E’s hourlong pilot Big Mike. Paris Barclay has come on board to direct the Sony TV-produced pilot starring Greg Grunberg as a plus-size detective with the San Diego Police Department. Ruivivar, repped by Gersh and The Collective, will play Mike’s partner Armando, a former Marine, and Parker, repped by Gersh and KLWG, will play lieutenant Grace Peterson, Mike and Armando’s boss. Barclay most recently has served as executive producer-director on HBO’s In Treatment and directed 3 episodes of Fox’s musical dramedy Glee, one of which, Wheels, earned him an Emmy nomination last year.
A&E Pilot 'Big Mike' Taps Two More Actors, Paris Barclay Set To Direct
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA