EXCLUSIVE: Anthony Ruivivar (The Whole Truth) and Nicole Ari Parker (Soul Food) have joined the cast of A&E’s hourlong pilot Big Mike. Paris Barclay has come on board to direct the Sony TV-produced pilot starring Greg Grunberg as a plus-size detective with the San Diego Police Department. Ruivivar, repped by Gersh and The Collective, will play Mike’s partner Armando, a former Marine, and Parker, repped by Gersh and KLWG, will play lieutenant Grace Peterson, Mike and Armando’s boss. Barclay most recently has served as executive producer-director on HBO’s In Treatment and directed 3 episodes of Fox’s musical dramedy Glee, one of which, Wheels, earned him an Emmy nomination last year.
A&E Pilot 'Big Mike' Taps Two More Actors, Paris Barclay Set To Direct
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'