EXCLUSIVE: Anthony Ruivivar (The Whole Truth) and Nicole Ari Parker (Soul Food) have joined the cast of A&E’s hourlong pilot Big Mike. Paris Barclay has come on board to direct the Sony TV-produced pilot starring Greg Grunberg as a plus-size detective with the San Diego Police Department. Ruivivar, repped by Gersh and The Collective, will play Mike’s partner Armando, a former Marine, and Parker, repped by Gersh and KLWG, will play lieutenant Grace Peterson, Mike and Armando’s boss. Barclay most recently has served as executive producer-director on HBO’s In Treatment and directed 3 episodes of Fox’s musical dramedy Glee, one of which, Wheels, earned him an Emmy nomination last year.
A&E Pilot 'Big Mike' Taps Two More Actors, Paris Barclay Set To Direct
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Mistresses' Renewed For Third Season
- MTV Picks Up Mystery Comedy Pilot Directed By Zach Braff
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' On West Coast
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'