A&E has put in development Overload, a female detective drama from writer John E. Pogue and film producer Irwin Winkler (the Rocky franchise). This marks the first TV sale for Winkler Films under the first-look TV deal the company signed with Sony Pictures TV last summer. Overload centers on a female detective blessed and cursed with hyper-acute senses who balances her work and personal life in Boston. Pogue is executive producing with Irwin Winkler, his son David Winkler and Winkler Films president Jill Cutler. On the film side, Irwin Winkler most recently served as a producer on The Mechanic. All of A&E’s scripted series since the network re-entered the scripted arena 3 years ago have been male-centered: The Cleaner, The Beast, The Glades and the upcoming Breakout Kings. Its two current pilots, Longmire and Big Mike, which are now casting, also have male leads. But the network has ordered a pilot centered on a female character before, The Quickening, which was about a bi-polar detective.
A&E In 'Overload', Developing Detective Drama From Producer Irwin Winkler
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'