A&E has put in development Overload, a female detective drama from writer John E. Pogue and film producer Irwin Winkler (the Rocky franchise). This marks the first TV sale for Winkler Films under the first-look TV deal the company signed with Sony Pictures TV last summer. Overload centers on a female detective blessed and cursed with hyper-acute senses who balances her work and personal life in Boston. Pogue is executive producing with Irwin Winkler, his son David Winkler and Winkler Films president Jill Cutler. On the film side, Irwin Winkler most recently served as a producer on The Mechanic. All of A&E’s scripted series since the network re-entered the scripted arena 3 years ago have been male-centered: The Cleaner, The Beast, The Glades and the upcoming Breakout Kings. Its two current pilots, Longmire and Big Mike, which are now casting, also have male leads. But the network has ordered a pilot centered on a female character before, The Quickening, which was about a bi-polar detective.
A&E In 'Overload', Developing Detective Drama From Producer Irwin Winkler
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- ‘I Hate Everyone But You’ Author Allison Raskin Launches Soap Opera Podcast
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online