A&E has put in development Overload, a female detective drama from writer John E. Pogue and film producer Irwin Winkler (the Rocky franchise). This marks the first TV sale for Winkler Films under the first-look TV deal the company signed with Sony Pictures TV last summer. Overload centers on a female detective blessed and cursed with hyper-acute senses who balances her work and personal life in Boston. Pogue is executive producing with Irwin Winkler, his son David Winkler and Winkler Films president Jill Cutler. On the film side, Irwin Winkler most recently served as a producer on The Mechanic. All of A&E’s scripted series since the network re-entered the scripted arena 3 years ago have been male-centered: The Cleaner, The Beast, The Glades and the upcoming Breakout Kings. Its two current pilots, Longmire and Big Mike, which are now casting, also have male leads. But the network has ordered a pilot centered on a female character before, The Quickening, which was about a bi-polar detective.
A&E In 'Overload', Developing Detective Drama From Producer Irwin Winkler
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series