A&E has put in development Overload, a female detective drama from writer John E. Pogue and film producer Irwin Winkler (the Rocky franchise). This marks the first TV sale for Winkler Films under the first-look TV deal the company signed with Sony Pictures TV last summer. Overload centers on a female detective blessed and cursed with hyper-acute senses who balances her work and personal life in Boston. Pogue is executive producing with Irwin Winkler, his son David Winkler and Winkler Films president Jill Cutler. On the film side, Irwin Winkler most recently served as a producer on The Mechanic. All of A&E’s scripted series since the network re-entered the scripted arena 3 years ago have been male-centered: The Cleaner, The Beast, The Glades and the upcoming Breakout Kings. Its two current pilots, Longmire and Big Mike, which are now casting, also have male leads. But the network has ordered a pilot centered on a female character before, The Quickening, which was about a bi-polar detective.
A&E In 'Overload', Developing Detective Drama From Producer Irwin Winkler
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices