After her standout performance on Fox’s short-lived drama Lone Star, there was a lot of talk about Adrianne Palicki’s star potential. She is on her way to prove it by landing one of the most iconic TV roles, that of Wonder Woman. Friday Night Lights alumna Palicki has been tapped for the title role in NBC’s Wonder Woman pilot, David E. Kelley’s reimagening of the iconic D.C. comic. In the reboot, from Warner Bros. TV, Wonder Woman/Diana Prince (Palicki) is a vigilante crime fighter in L.A. but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life. Kelley is executive producing the project with long-time collaborator Bill D’Elia. Palicki won the role of Wonder Woman, closely associated with Lynda Carter, who played Diana Prince in the 1970s series, in a decisive manner – she was the only actress invited to test for it. Wonder Woman reunites Palicki with the pilot’s director Jeff Reiner who previously served as director/co-executive producer on Friday Night Lights for the series’ early run on NBC. Palicki, repped by UTA and Anonymous Content, next stars in the feature remake of Dawn.
Adrianne Palicki Is NBC's Wonder Woman
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
- Nazneen Contractor Joins NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn'; Aoibhinn McGinnity In Cinemax’s ‘Quarry’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Nicholas D’Agosto Returns To ‘Gotham’ As Series Regular
- Sony Eyes Relaunching TriStar Television Banner Run By Suzanne Patmore Gibbs
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words