Add Josh Schwartz to the list of drama heavy hitters whose projects were picked up to pilot by ABC today. The network has greenlighted Georgetown (formerly Inner Circle). The hourlong project, written by Remember Me scribe Will Fetters, is described as a sexy soap centered around the young people behind the power brokers of Washington, DC. It hails from Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire and Warner Bros. TV. Schwartz, Myers, Savage and Fake Empire’s Len Goldstein are executive producing, with Fetters co-executive producing. Journalist Ashley Parker serves as consultant. This is Fetters’ first foray into TV. On the feature side, he also wrote the Zach Efron starrer The Lucky One, which just wrapped, and his rewrite of A Star Is Born recently attracted Clint Eastwood as director and Beyonce as star.
ABC Picks Up Washington D.C. Drama
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA