Add Josh Schwartz to the list of drama heavy hitters whose projects were picked up to pilot by ABC today. The network has greenlighted Georgetown (formerly Inner Circle). The hourlong project, written by Remember Me scribe Will Fetters, is described as a sexy soap centered around the young people behind the power brokers of Washington, DC. It hails from Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire and Warner Bros. TV. Schwartz, Myers, Savage and Fake Empire’s Len Goldstein are executive producing, with Fetters co-executive producing. Journalist Ashley Parker serves as consultant. This is Fetters’ first foray into TV. On the feature side, he also wrote the Zach Efron starrer The Lucky One, which just wrapped, and his rewrite of A Star Is Born recently attracted Clint Eastwood as director and Beyonce as star.
ABC Picks Up Washington D.C. Drama
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup