Add Josh Schwartz to the list of drama heavy hitters whose projects were picked up to pilot by ABC today. The network has greenlighted Georgetown (formerly Inner Circle). The hourlong project, written by Remember Me scribe Will Fetters, is described as a sexy soap centered around the young people behind the power brokers of Washington, DC. It hails from Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire and Warner Bros. TV. Schwartz, Myers, Savage and Fake Empire’s Len Goldstein are executive producing, with Fetters co-executive producing. Journalist Ashley Parker serves as consultant. This is Fetters’ first foray into TV. On the feature side, he also wrote the Zach Efron starrer The Lucky One, which just wrapped, and his rewrite of A Star Is Born recently attracted Clint Eastwood as director and Beyonce as star.
ABC Picks Up Washington D.C. Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series