Add Josh Schwartz to the list of drama heavy hitters whose projects were picked up to pilot by ABC today. The network has greenlighted Georgetown (formerly Inner Circle). The hourlong project, written by Remember Me scribe Will Fetters, is described as a sexy soap centered around the young people behind the power brokers of Washington, DC. It hails from Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire and Warner Bros. TV. Schwartz, Myers, Savage and Fake Empire’s Len Goldstein are executive producing, with Fetters co-executive producing. Journalist Ashley Parker serves as consultant. This is Fetters’ first foray into TV. On the feature side, he also wrote the Zach Efron starrer The Lucky One, which just wrapped, and his rewrite of A Star Is Born recently attracted Clint Eastwood as director and Beyonce as star.
ABC Picks Up Washington D.C. Drama
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race