PREVIOUS: DirecTV already provided primetime refuge to two series that had faced premature death on other networks, NBC’s Friday Night Lights and FX’s Damages. Could it do it again for the controversial mini-series The Kennedys? TVLine’s Michael Ausiello is reporting that the satcaster is in talks to air the eight-part miniseries, which was scrapped by History on Friday, shortly before it was to debut, because of reported political pressure from the Kennedy family. Unlike History and most of the broadcast and cable networks, DirecTV is not part of a vertically integrated conglom. The Kennedys, from 24 co-creator Joel Surnow, stars Greg Kinnear as JFK, Katie Holmes as wife Jackie, Barry Pepper as Bobby Kennedy, and Tom Wilkinson as Joseph Kennedy. The mini was recently shopped to Showtime, which passed on Wednesday.
Would DirecTV Rescue 'The Kennedys'?
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- Lemuel Plummer Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’: Daveed Diggs, Laura Dern Among Season 3 Guest Stars
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs
- Veterans ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Amazing Race’ Among Series Left In Limbo After…
- CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including ‘MacGyver’, ‘Superior Donuts’, ‘Life In Pieces’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0…
- Samantha Bee To Donald Trump After London Attack: “This Is Not Playtime Now. Sh*t Is Real”