Kevin Smith is already challenging established acquisition protocol by trying to auction distribution rights in the Eccles Theater right after Sunday’s Sundance premiere of Red State. Some buyers say that gimmicky play isn’t what’s annoying them most. They’re especially peeved that the film’s 6:30 start coincides with what will likely be the beginning of the fourth quarter of the AFC Championship Game between the New York Jets and Pittsburgh Steelers. A lot of indie distribution executives hail from New York and New Jersey (as does Smith), and they’ve waited a long time to see the Jets get into a Super Bowl. How’s that for bad timing?
Will Kevin Smith's 'Red State' Auction Be Tackled By Jets-Steelers?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Gets Saturday Treat As 'Jack Reacher' Trips; 'Joneses' Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. PM Udate
Latest Film News
- ‘Madea’ Gets Saturday Treat As ‘Jack Reacher’ Trips; ‘Joneses’ Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Sat…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- Kathryn Adams Dies; ‘Saboteur’ Actress Was 96
- ‘Loving’ To Inaugurate Film Screenings At National Museum Of African American History & Culture