Kevin Smith is already challenging established acquisition protocol by trying to auction distribution rights in the Eccles Theater right after Sunday’s Sundance premiere of Red State. Some buyers say that gimmicky play isn’t what’s annoying them most. They’re especially peeved that the film’s 6:30 start coincides with what will likely be the beginning of the fourth quarter of the AFC Championship Game between the New York Jets and Pittsburgh Steelers. A lot of indie distribution executives hail from New York and New Jersey (as does Smith), and they’ve waited a long time to see the Jets get into a Super Bowl. How’s that for bad timing?
Will Kevin Smith's 'Red State' Auction Be Tackled By Jets-Steelers?
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
David Cross Latest 'Arrested Development' Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show's UK Press Tour Canceled
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Officially Arrested, Charged With Rape After Turning Himself In
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department
- James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: Han, Chewy & Lando Save The Day In Rip-Roarin’ Origin Story
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- Lobo Sebastian Cast In ‘The Mule & ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Corporate Animals…