Jason Shapiro, a 10-year UTA veteran in the agency’s motion picture talent department, is moving to the management side of the representation business, joining The Collective. There he will work closely with partners Jeff Golenberg and Sam Maydew in the talent management group. At UTA, Shapiro worked with such clients as Emmanuelle Chriqui, Adrianne Palicki, Margarita Levieva, Elizabeth Reaser, DJ Cotrona, Jason Clarke and Mary Kate Olsen. It is unclear who will take him on as a manager. Shapiro is the latest staff addition to The Collective which, over the past couple of years has hired former WMA agent Ashley Franklin, Todd Diener and Melody Hammer (formerly of BEP), Leonard Torgan (Leverage), Lisa Blum, Max Burgos, Evan Weiss (Handprint), Steven Grossman (ICM) and Abbey Robertson (Generate).
UTA's Jason Shapiro Switches To Management, Joins The Collective
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest Film News
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead Joins Will Smith In ‘Gemini Man’
- Fathom Events Taps Ex-DWA Exec Gordon Synn For Key Role; Blue Fox Names Richard Stafford Head Of PR
- Legendary Snags Movie Rights To YA ‘Ferryman’ Trilogy
- ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ Teaser: Wheels Up On Gus Van Sant’s John Callahan Movie
- STX President Sophie Watts Stepping Down
- Jaunt Strikes First-Look VR Deal With XYZ Films