EXCLUSIVE: Tory Metzger is ready to jump back into the production game. Metzger, one of CAA’s top talent agents when she left the agency in 2008 to run production for Media Rights Capital, is in talks to steer creative and production for David Linde’s Lava Bear. That’s the global platform for film production, financing and distribution that the former Universal Pictures chief is getting off the ground with discussions for a first-look Universal deal and a relationship with Reliance ADA. Metzger left Media Rights Capital last summer. She and Linde have a long relationship working on high profile films both while she was at CAA and MRC. All sides declined comment.
Tory Metzger Nearing Deal To Head Production For David Linde's Lava Bear
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’: Fox Searchlight Fetches 2018 Date For Wes Anderson’s All-Star Toon
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Frozen 2’ And ‘The Lion King’: Disney Unleashes A Barrage Of Release Dates
- WWE Ring Titan Vince McMahon Getting His Close-Up With ‘Pandemonium’
- IFC Midnight Nabs ‘Darkness Rising’; Music Box Tunes Up ‘Chavela’ Docu
- Roman Polanski Rape Victim Joins Director’s Latest Effort For U.S. Return