I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Baby Driver’s Ansel Elgort To Play Young JFK In ‘Mayday 109’
- ‘Stranger Things’ EP Karl Gajdusek Sells Sci-Fi Spec To Fox & Producer Michael Ellenberg
- Charlie Hofheimer, Aleksa Palladino, Robin Lord Taylor & Clarke Peters To Experience ‘The Mandela Effect’
- Craig Zadan And Neil Meron Sign With ICM Partners
- ‘I Do … Until I Don’t’ Trailer: First Look At Lake Bell’s Film About The Seven-Year Itch
- Hannah Emily Anderson & Brittany Allen To Star In ‘What Keeps You Alive’; Antonio Marziale Cast In ‘Alex Strangelove…