I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest Film News
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’
- Will Smith In Talks To Join Ang Lee For ‘Gemini Man’
- Madonna Criticizes Unauthorized Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience