I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Lawyers Suing ‘Pirates’ Star Back After He Hit Them For $30M
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie