I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest Film News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump