I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
'Furious 7' Hits $320.5M, 'Adaline' Lures Ladies: The Calm Before 'Age Of Ultron' Conquers - Final Sunday B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- Anne Hathaway, Julie Taymor Spin Bleak Magic In Searing Drone Drama ‘Grounded’
- ‘Cinderella’ Scores In Japan; ‘Home’ Lands In China: More International Box Office
- How ‘Ex Machina’ Seduced Crowds And Is Poised To Be Summer’s Sleeper Hit
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Opens To Mighty $201.2M Overseas; Sets IMAX Record
- “Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck’ Rocks Specialty Box Office
- No Sunday Column