I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- Willem Dafoe On Lars Von Trier, New Opportunities & Film’s Power Over TV – Berlin
- National CineMedia Launches Augmented Reality Gaming In Movie Theaters
- Stuntwoman’s Federal Push To End “Wigging” Shakes Up Male-Dominated Industry; SAG-AFTRA “Adamantly Opposes The Practice”…
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi…
- Reliance Industries Takes Stake In Eros International, Teams On $150M Fund
- George & Amal Clooney Donate $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?