I’m hearing that Tom Cruise is getting serious about Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed New Line musical based on the Broadway stage hit. He’s not the star; this would be a supporting character departure like Cruise has played in Tropic Thunder and Magnolia. Here he’d be the decadent veteran rock star, Stacee Jax, which sounds fun. Cruise first came up as a possible participant in the film in October. He became attached in December to At the Mountains of Madness, which Guillermo del Toro and James Cameron are prepping at Universal. The two films could fill his 2011 dance card.
Tom Cruise Getting Serious About Belting '80s Tunes In 'Rock of Ages'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest Film News
- Cheryl Boone Isaacs To Receive Pioneer Award At CinemaCon
- ‘The Circle’ Trailer: Tom Hanks Strives For “The Perfectibility Of Human Beings”
- Longtime UTA Communications Head Chris Day Exiting
- Will Ferrell To Star In eSports Comedy Movie For Legendary
- ‘Moonlight’ Shines With Overseas Sales; International Rollout Begins Early 2017
- Naomie Harris On Bridging The Chasm With Paula In ‘Moonlight’ And Her ‘Jungle Book’ Dream Job