TNT has greenlighted Generations, a drama pilot from Robert Redford’s production company Wildwood Enterprises. Written by John Sacret Young (The West Wing), the project centers on a Southern family and crosses back and forth through time to follow the lives of three generations of the same family who have lived in the same house. (The concept sounds somewhat similar to David Schulner’s 2008 pilot The Oaks, which flashed back-and-forth among 3 different families that lived in the same house in different time periods, but that house was also haunted.). Young is executive producing with Redford and Bill Holderman. The project, which has been given a cast-contingent pilot order, is targeted to shoot in late spring/early summer. Generations has been in the works at TNT for awhile and was first announced as part of cable network’s development slate at the cable network’s 2008 upfront. It joins 4 other recently ordered TNT pilots: Dallas, Perception, Bird Dog and an untitled project from Allan Loeb.
TNT Picks Up Family Drama Pilot Produced By Robert Redford
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips
- CBS Buys Adaptation Of British Comedy 'Friday Night Dinner' As Put Pilot
- ABC Developing Derrick Storm Drama With 'Castle's Andrew Marlowe