TNT has greenlighted Generations, a drama pilot from Robert Redford’s production company Wildwood Enterprises. Written by John Sacret Young (The West Wing), the project centers on a Southern family and crosses back and forth through time to follow the lives of three generations of the same family who have lived in the same house. (The concept sounds somewhat similar to David Schulner’s 2008 pilot The Oaks, which flashed back-and-forth among 3 different families that lived in the same house in different time periods, but that house was also haunted.). Young is executive producing with Redford and Bill Holderman. The project, which has been given a cast-contingent pilot order, is targeted to shoot in late spring/early summer. Generations has been in the works at TNT for awhile and was first announced as part of cable network’s development slate at the cable network’s 2008 upfront. It joins 4 other recently ordered TNT pilots: Dallas, Perception, Bird Dog and an untitled project from Allan Loeb.
TNT Picks Up Family Drama Pilot Produced By Robert Redford
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate