TNT has greenlighted Generations, a drama pilot from Robert Redford’s production company Wildwood Enterprises. Written by John Sacret Young (The West Wing), the project centers on a Southern family and crosses back and forth through time to follow the lives of three generations of the same family who have lived in the same house. (The concept sounds somewhat similar to David Schulner’s 2008 pilot The Oaks, which flashed back-and-forth among 3 different families that lived in the same house in different time periods, but that house was also haunted.). Young is executive producing with Redford and Bill Holderman. The project, which has been given a cast-contingent pilot order, is targeted to shoot in late spring/early summer. Generations has been in the works at TNT for awhile and was first announced as part of cable network’s development slate at the cable network’s 2008 upfront. It joins 4 other recently ordered TNT pilots: Dallas, Perception, Bird Dog and an untitled project from Allan Loeb.
TNT Picks Up Family Drama Pilot Produced By Robert Redford
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Anthony Scaramucci Might Attend Politicon Confab After All
- ‘The Night Shift’ Ratings Hit Season High; ‘Big Brother’ & CBS Top Night
- ‘Secret Life Of Muslims’ Web Series Returns For Season 2 With Funding Push
- 'My Dinner With Hervé': Mark Povinelli & Helena Mattsson Join Cast Of HBO Movie
- ‘Transparent’ Season 4 Trailer: Maura & Family Head To Israel
- Ryan Lizza Punches Back At Anthony Scaramucci Claims About Profane Interview