TNT has greenlighted Generations, a drama pilot from Robert Redford’s production company Wildwood Enterprises. Written by John Sacret Young (The West Wing), the project centers on a Southern family and crosses back and forth through time to follow the lives of three generations of the same family who have lived in the same house. (The concept sounds somewhat similar to David Schulner’s 2008 pilot The Oaks, which flashed back-and-forth among 3 different families that lived in the same house in different time periods, but that house was also haunted.). Young is executive producing with Redford and Bill Holderman. The project, which has been given a cast-contingent pilot order, is targeted to shoot in late spring/early summer. Generations has been in the works at TNT for awhile and was first announced as part of cable network’s development slate at the cable network’s 2008 upfront. It joins 4 other recently ordered TNT pilots: Dallas, Perception, Bird Dog and an untitled project from Allan Loeb.
TNT Picks Up Family Drama Pilot Produced By Robert Redford
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins