EXCLUSIVE: Relativity Media has acquired the U.S. distribution rights to The Raven, the Intrepid Pictures’ thriller that stars John Cusack as Edgar Allan Poe. James McTiegue directed, and Luke Evans, Alice Eve, Brendan Gleeson and Oliver Jackson-Cohen also star. Scripted by Ben Livingston and Hannah Shakespeare, the drama tells a fictionalized account of Poe’s last few days, as he tracks a serial killer who has been using Poe’s macabre works for inspiration. The film was produced by Intrepid Pictures’ partners Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans, and FilmNation’s Aaron Ryder. Intrepid financed the film and just completed The Cold Light of Day with Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver starring.
'The Raven' Wings Its Way To Relativity
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Fleming Jr
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award
- Josh Boone Says Warner Bros Will Turn Stephen King's 'The Stand' Into Four Films