EXCLUSIVE: Relativity Media has acquired the U.S. distribution rights to The Raven, the Intrepid Pictures’ thriller that stars John Cusack as Edgar Allan Poe. James McTiegue directed, and Luke Evans, Alice Eve, Brendan Gleeson and Oliver Jackson-Cohen also star. Scripted by Ben Livingston and Hannah Shakespeare, the drama tells a fictionalized account of Poe’s last few days, as he tracks a serial killer who has been using Poe’s macabre works for inspiration. The film was produced by Intrepid Pictures’ partners Trevor Macy and Marc D. Evans, and FilmNation’s Aaron Ryder. Intrepid financed the film and just completed The Cold Light of Day with Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver starring.
'The Raven' Wings Its Way To Relativity
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First