The CW may be having second thoughts about canceling The Game and getting out of the comedy business. The return of The Game on BET, which resurrected Mara Brock Akil’s series months after the CW axed it, drew a massive audience of 7.7 million viewers last night for the sitcom’s fourth season premiere. That is the most watched series telecast on the network, and No. 2 overall, behind the 2009 BET Awards, which drew 10.2 million viewers days after the death of Michael Jackson. BET’s other new scripted comedy, Let’s Stay Together, did solid business too, attracting 4.4 million for its debut.
'The Game' Makes Big Return On BET
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- ‘Orphan Black’ Season 5 Episode 1 Unveiled At PaleyFest: Cast & EPs On Clone Club’s Fate, Evil Rachel & The…
- Seth Meyers Warns Donald Trump To Stop Stealing ‘SNL’s ‘Weekend Update’ Bits
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’