The CW may be having second thoughts about canceling The Game and getting out of the comedy business. The return of The Game on BET, which resurrected Mara Brock Akil’s series months after the CW axed it, drew a massive audience of 7.7 million viewers last night for the sitcom’s fourth season premiere. That is the most watched series telecast on the network, and No. 2 overall, behind the 2009 BET Awards, which drew 10.2 million viewers days after the death of Michael Jackson. BET’s other new scripted comedy, Let’s Stay Together, did solid business too, attracting 4.4 million for its debut.
'The Game' Makes Big Return On BET
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 2 Trailer Goes All “Thriller” + Tease Kicks Off Comic-Con Panel
- 'Wynonna Earp' Renewed For Season 3 On Syfy – Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Debuts New Trailer, Adds Wilson Cruz, Composer Jeff Russo to Starfleet —Comic-Con
- ‘Happy!’: Patton Oswalt Set To Voice Title Character In Syfy Series, Replacing Bobby Moynihan
- ‘The Originals’ Season 5 Teaser: First Look At Teenage Hope In Final Season — Comic-Con
- ‘Lucifer’: Tom Welling Joins Season 3 Cast Of Fox Drama Series; New Footage Unveiled