EXCLUSIVE: Oscilloscope is close to a deal to acquire English language territories for Bellflower, the Evan Glodell-directed action film which premiered January 21 in Sundance’s Next Films category of low budget fare. Glodell made his helming debut in a film that is described as an apocalyptic love story for the Mad Max generation. Glodell stars with Jessie Wiseman, Tyler Dawson and Rebekah Brandes. Two slightly delusional pals build flamethrowers and other weapons of mayhem to prepare for a global apocalypse they feel will open the door for an imaginary gang they’ve invented called Mother Medusa. When one of them falls for a woman, the pair finds themselves integrated into new a group of people, set on a journey where all hell breaks loose. CAA is handling the sale, and I hear it’ll go down shortly, with David Fenkel, who co-founded Oscilloscope with Adam Yauch. It’s the first acquisition of the festival for Oscilloscope.
Sundance: Oscilloscope Near 'Bellflower' Deal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'