EXCLUSIVE: Oscilloscope is close to a deal to acquire English language territories for Bellflower, the Evan Glodell-directed action film which premiered January 21 in Sundance’s Next Films category of low budget fare. Glodell made his helming debut in a film that is described as an apocalyptic love story for the Mad Max generation. Glodell stars with Jessie Wiseman, Tyler Dawson and Rebekah Brandes. Two slightly delusional pals build flamethrowers and other weapons of mayhem to prepare for a global apocalypse they feel will open the door for an imaginary gang they’ve invented called Mother Medusa. When one of them falls for a woman, the pair finds themselves integrated into new a group of people, set on a journey where all hell breaks loose. CAA is handling the sale, and I hear it’ll go down shortly, with David Fenkel, who co-founded Oscilloscope with Adam Yauch. It’s the first acquisition of the festival for Oscilloscope.
Sundance: Oscilloscope Near 'Bellflower' Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’