National Geographic Films acquired US rights to Life in a Day, the docu that paired Kevin Macdonald and Ridley Scott. Pic will be released by Nat Geo domestically in partnership with YouTube. The film is culled from footage gained by asking average people around the world to capture their lives on July 24, 2010. Some 80,000 submissions from 192 countries were culled down to the 90-minute documentary.
Sundance: National Geographic Grabs Kevin Macdonald's 'Life In A Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation