FX’s latest series Lights Out premiered to mostly disappointing ratings last night. The boxing drama starring Holt McCallany, which had gotten strong reviews, averaged 1.5 million viewers at 10 PM, 793,000 of them in the adults 18-49 demographic. The audience was a bit below the September premiere of the now-defunct FX dramedy Terriers (1.6 million, 659,000 in 18-49), which at the time marked the lowest-rated drama series debut for FX, though Lights Out did better in the demo. Marketing can’t be blamed for misleading viewers this time – there were no dogs, and the posters made it clear this is a boxing series.
Slow Start For FX's Latest 'Lights Out'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Red Band Society' Pulled From Schedule, Will Stop Production After 13 Episodes
- Networks Scale Back, Bet On Remakes & Medical Dramas This Development Season
- Joe Bastianich To Depart 'MasterChef' Franchise
- Joel McHale To Produce E! Pilot About Snarky Web Comments
- Viola Davis & Debra Martin Chase Produce Drama Based On Prosecutor Kym Worthy