Sinclair Broadcast Group and Time Warner Cable have reached an agreement in principle to end their carriage dispute. The new retransmission consent deal, whose details will be finalized over the next week, will prevent Sinclair’s 28 stations in mid-size markets such as Pittsburgh and Milwaukee of going dark for 4 million subscribers in 21 markets. The two sides’ previous agreement expired on Dec. 31 but at the last minute, Sinclair and TWC agreed to a two-week extension. “We’re pleased to reach an agreement with Sinclair Broadcasting without any interruption in service for our customers,” said Rob Marcus, TWC’s president and COO. There are smaller stations operators whose stations’ signal has been pulled as part of retransmission consent disputes: we are in Week 3 of Northwest Broadcasting’s blackout on DIRECTV in 3 markets and Frontier Radio Management’s blackout on DISH Network in Macon, GA.
Sinclair, TWC Reach 'Agreement In Principle'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
Latest TV News
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3
- Rebecca Eaton Explains How To Get BBC To Tackle Quintessentially American ‘Little Women’ – TCA
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Canceled After Two Seasons
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Review: Tangled Tale Falls Out Of Fashion
- Media Content Wars Will Require Both Scale And Reach; “A Brand Only Gets You So Far” — NATPE