Hope for U.S. distribution of Joel Surnow’s 8-part miniseries The Kennedys is fast fading away. Showtime has just passed on the project, which was cancelled by its original network, History, on Friday. Showtime was considered The Kennedy‘s best shot for an airing on a traditional network in the U.S. because of 24 co-creator Surnow’s long-standing relationship with Showtime’s new programming chief David Nevins, who previously ran 24 producing company Imagine TV.
Showtime Passes On 'The Kennedys'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Vine Star Curtis Lepore Exits Rainn Wilson Comedy
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC
- Starz Ballet Drama 'Flesh And Bone' To Become Limited Series