Hope for U.S. distribution of Joel Surnow’s 8-part miniseries The Kennedys is fast fading away. Showtime has just passed on the project, which was cancelled by its original network, History, on Friday. Showtime was considered The Kennedy‘s best shot for an airing on a traditional network in the U.S. because of 24 co-creator Surnow’s long-standing relationship with Showtime’s new programming chief David Nevins, who previously ran 24 producing company Imagine TV.
Showtime Passes On 'The Kennedys'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- David Letterman Tells Jimmy Kimmel His Side Of Conan Story About Crazy Horse
- ‘Roseanne’ Revival: ABC Shares First Photo Of Cast At Table Read
- Mychael Knight Dies: ‘Project Runway’ Fashion Designer Was 39
- Los Angeles City Attorney “Will Prosecute” Harvey Weinstein If Victims Come Forward
- Viacom And Charter Reach Tentative Deal On New Carriage Agreement
- Bob Weinstein Denies Sexual Harassment Claims From ‘The Mist’ Showrunner