Just in time for the final leg of the Oscar race, former Lionsgate exec Sarah Greenberg has been named co-head of marketing and publicity for The Weinstein Company. She starts tomorrow, I’m told, and will get to work after The King’s Speech got 12 Oscar nominations including Best Picture. Greenberg left Lionsgate because she wanted to live in New York. That makes her well suited for the new job, since TWC is based in Tribeca. She will report to Harvey Weinstein. Greenberg has awards season know-how, and most recently was part of Lionsgate’s efforts for Precious, which got noms for Best Picture, Director and Actress, with a Best Supporting Actress win for Mo’Nique and Best Adapted Screenplay for Geoffrey Fletcher.
Sarah Greenberg To Spearhead Publicity/Marketing For Weinstein Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks