Just in time for the final leg of the Oscar race, former Lionsgate exec Sarah Greenberg has been named co-head of marketing and publicity for The Weinstein Company. She starts tomorrow, I’m told, and will get to work after The King’s Speech got 12 Oscar nominations including Best Picture. Greenberg left Lionsgate because she wanted to live in New York. That makes her well suited for the new job, since TWC is based in Tribeca. She will report to Harvey Weinstein. Greenberg has awards season know-how, and most recently was part of Lionsgate’s efforts for Precious, which got noms for Best Picture, Director and Actress, with a Best Supporting Actress win for Mo’Nique and Best Adapted Screenplay for Geoffrey Fletcher.
Sarah Greenberg To Spearhead Publicity/Marketing For Weinstein Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest Film News
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils 70th Edition Poster With Dancing Claudia Cardinale
- Paramount, Disney And STX Show Exhibitors Exactly What They Came To See With Help From Clooney, Damon And The Rock (Again!)…
- Disney At CinemaCon: ‘Wreck It Ralph’ Sequel Now Titled ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’
- WGA East's Council Asks Members To Authorize Strike
- Paramount Brings The Star Power To CinemaCon: Dwayne Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Al Gore & More
- Paramount Teases Nickelodeon-Based Feature Toon Lineup Including ‘The Loud House’ – CinemaCon