Just in time for the final leg of the Oscar race, former Lionsgate exec Sarah Greenberg has been named co-head of marketing and publicity for The Weinstein Company. She starts tomorrow, I’m told, and will get to work after The King’s Speech got 12 Oscar nominations including Best Picture. Greenberg left Lionsgate because she wanted to live in New York. That makes her well suited for the new job, since TWC is based in Tribeca. She will report to Harvey Weinstein. Greenberg has awards season know-how, and most recently was part of Lionsgate’s efforts for Precious, which got noms for Best Picture, Director and Actress, with a Best Supporting Actress win for Mo’Nique and Best Adapted Screenplay for Geoffrey Fletcher.
Sarah Greenberg To Spearhead Publicity/Marketing For Weinstein Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest Film News
- It’s Official: Woody Allen’s ‘Wonder Wheel’ Will Close New York Film Festival
- ‘The Tiger Hunter’ Trailer & Release Date: Lena Khan Comedy From Shout! Factory – Update
- ‘Suburbicon’ Trailer: Matt Damon & The Mob In George Clooney’s Venice-Bound Noir
- NBCU’s Steve Burke Is “Skeptical” About OTT, Crows About Upfront Sales
- Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins…
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Helps Comcast Top Q2 Earnings Expectations, Video Subs Lag