Just in time for the final leg of the Oscar race, former Lionsgate exec Sarah Greenberg has been named co-head of marketing and publicity for The Weinstein Company. She starts tomorrow, I’m told, and will get to work after The King’s Speech got 12 Oscar nominations including Best Picture. Greenberg left Lionsgate because she wanted to live in New York. That makes her well suited for the new job, since TWC is based in Tribeca. She will report to Harvey Weinstein. Greenberg has awards season know-how, and most recently was part of Lionsgate’s efforts for Precious, which got noms for Best Picture, Director and Actress, with a Best Supporting Actress win for Mo’Nique and Best Adapted Screenplay for Geoffrey Fletcher.
Sarah Greenberg To Spearhead Publicity/Marketing For Weinstein Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest Film News
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Becomes First African American To Be Honored With Trifecta Oscar Nominations
- Oscar ‘Shapes’ Up & Gets It Right With Very Inclusive List Of Nominees – Analysis
- Oscars: ‘The Insult’s Ziad Doueiri On Lebanon’s First Foreign-Language Nominee, Despite Attempts To…
- BAFTA Names New York & LA Board Directors
- Oscar-Nominated Director Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dunkirk’ Inspired By His Own Harrowing Voyage
- The Weinstein Effect Evident In Oscar Nominations