Just in time for the final leg of the Oscar race, former Lionsgate exec Sarah Greenberg has been named co-head of marketing and publicity for The Weinstein Company. She starts tomorrow, I’m told, and will get to work after The King’s Speech got 12 Oscar nominations including Best Picture. Greenberg left Lionsgate because she wanted to live in New York. That makes her well suited for the new job, since TWC is based in Tribeca. She will report to Harvey Weinstein. Greenberg has awards season know-how, and most recently was part of Lionsgate’s efforts for Precious, which got noms for Best Picture, Director and Actress, with a Best Supporting Actress win for Mo’Nique and Best Adapted Screenplay for Geoffrey Fletcher.
Sarah Greenberg To Spearhead Publicity/Marketing For Weinstein Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
September B.O. Booming To Near All-Time $700M Record As 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' & 'Lego Ninjago' Enter Fall Fray
Latest Film News
- Animation Is Film Festival Announces Full Slate
- Women’s Media Summit Calls For Boycott Of Movies That Snub Female Filmmakers
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Teases “Spicey” Set From Han Solo Film
- Bernie Casey Dies: ‘Revenge Of The Nerds And ‘I’m Gonna Git You Sucka’ Actor Was 78
- ‘Escape Plan 3’: Dave Bautista, Max Zhang & More Join Sylvester Stallone For Sequel — UPDATE
- If ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Brings A Movie Laugh, It Won’t Be A Minute Too Soon