Just in time for the final leg of the Oscar race, former Lionsgate exec Sarah Greenberg has been named co-head of marketing and publicity for The Weinstein Company. She starts tomorrow, I’m told, and will get to work after The King’s Speech got 12 Oscar nominations including Best Picture. Greenberg left Lionsgate because she wanted to live in New York. That makes her well suited for the new job, since TWC is based in Tribeca. She will report to Harvey Weinstein. Greenberg has awards season know-how, and most recently was part of Lionsgate’s efforts for Precious, which got noms for Best Picture, Director and Actress, with a Best Supporting Actress win for Mo’Nique and Best Adapted Screenplay for Geoffrey Fletcher.
Sarah Greenberg To Spearhead Publicity/Marketing For Weinstein Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Film Independent & IFC Renew Independent Spirit Awards Telecast Through 2020
- Audiences Plan To Get Into ‘Get Out’ – Weekend B.O. Preview
- ‘My Entire High School Sinking Into The Sea' Trailer: Animated Disaster Comedy From Dash Shaw
- CAA Signs French Actor-Comedian Kev Adams
- Sean Spicer: Donald Trump Will Not be Watching Oscars For “Meryl Streep Moment” On Sunday
- ‘My Abandonment’ From ‘Winter’s Bone’ Director Lands Financing From Bron, First Look