Rosie O’Donnell, whose new daily talk show, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, will premiere on OWN in the fall, has been tapped to do specials for selected documentaries from the OWN Documentary Film Club, starting with Becoming Chaz, which will premiere in May. (It features Sonny and Cher’s offspring Chaz Bono). Meanwhile, according to the basic cable ratings released earlier this week, in its second full week on the air, OWN slipped to 310,000 viewers in primetime, down 20% from 387,000 the week before. (The network launched on Jan. 1, with an average of 1.1 viewers in primetime for its debut weekend.) As OWN is yet to bottom out, the network has fallen behind all of its female-oriented cable competition, including Lifetime (793,000), Oxygen (565,000) and WE (331,000).
Rosie O'Donnell To Do Specials For OWN Documentaries While Net's Rating Slip
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better