Rosie O’Donnell, whose new daily talk show, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, will premiere on OWN in the fall, has been tapped to do specials for selected documentaries from the OWN Documentary Film Club, starting with Becoming Chaz, which will premiere in May. (It features Sonny and Cher’s offspring Chaz Bono). Meanwhile, according to the basic cable ratings released earlier this week, in its second full week on the air, OWN slipped to 310,000 viewers in primetime, down 20% from 387,000 the week before. (The network launched on Jan. 1, with an average of 1.1 viewers in primetime for its debut weekend.) As OWN is yet to bottom out, the network has fallen behind all of its female-oriented cable competition, including Lifetime (793,000), Oxygen (565,000) and WE (331,000).
Rosie O'Donnell To Do Specials For OWN Documentaries While Net's Rating Slip
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race