Rosie O’Donnell, whose new daily talk show, The Rosie O’Donnell Show, will premiere on OWN in the fall, has been tapped to do specials for selected documentaries from the OWN Documentary Film Club, starting with Becoming Chaz, which will premiere in May. (It features Sonny and Cher’s offspring Chaz Bono). Meanwhile, according to the basic cable ratings released earlier this week, in its second full week on the air, OWN slipped to 310,000 viewers in primetime, down 20% from 387,000 the week before. (The network launched on Jan. 1, with an average of 1.1 viewers in primetime for its debut weekend.) As OWN is yet to bottom out, the network has fallen behind all of its female-oriented cable competition, including Lifetime (793,000), Oxygen (565,000) and WE (331,000).
Rosie O'Donnell To Do Specials For OWN Documentaries While Net's Rating Slip
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55