EXCLUSIVE: NBC’s reboot of The Rockford Files is not going forward, at least not for the current development season. The decision was made after writer David Shore couldn’t write a new script because he unexpectedly had to devote his entire attention to his Fox series House. The veteran Fox medical drama had planned an ambitious multi-episode arc featuring Dr. House on the road, which was a brainchild of executive producer Katie Jacobs. But when the arc was scrapped in advanced stages, Shore had to jump in and help re-break stories for a significant portion of the season, which also recently grew larger with an order for one additional episode by Fox. With Shore not being able to focus on Rockford Files, the project has been shelved. It is possible for the idea to be revisited next season if new NBC programming chief Bob Greenblatt is interested. The Rockford Files remake originated last development season at Universal Media Studios and Steve Carell’s studio-based Carousel. (UMS also produces House, which probably made things easier.) The reboot, written and executive produced by Shore, was picked up to pilot but didn’t make the cut for a series order in May. It was subsequently put in re-development, with Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey’s Film 44 joining in the summer as a co-production entity.
'Rockford Files' Closed For Now At NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘The End Of The World As We Know It’: Gage Golightly To Star In the CW Pilot
- ‘Playing Dead’: Tyler Ritter To Star In the CW Drama Pilot
- World Cup 2018: Fox To Air Record 38 Matches Live On Broadcast Network – Full TV Schedule
- ‘God Friended Me’: ‘Scandal’s Joe Morton To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- ‘So Close’: Sabrina Carpenter Cast In Greg Malins’ NBC Comedy Pilot
- Imagine Entertainment Takes Controlling Interest In Comedy Series Producer Jax Media