The actor, director and producer will be President of the Jury of the 64th Cannes Film Festival, due to take place from May 11-22, 2011. De Niro said: “The Cannes Film Festival is a rare opportunity for me as it is one of the oldest and one of the best in the world.” Inviting De Niro to become jury president, Cannes’ organizers are also paying tribute to his work as co-founder of the Tribeca Film Festival, which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year and has a sister festival in Doha. De Niro co-founded Manhattan’s Tribeca Film Center in 1989.
Robert De Niro To Lead Cannes Jury
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings