As earnings begin to trickle in, it’s looking like the advertising rebound of 2010 will have a significant impact on quarterly reports. That ad renaissance also helped media and entertainment conglomerates see a large return on capital investment, and in a report by trend analysis firm Needham Insights, analyst Laura Martin says that CBS and Viacom will have the highest return on capital among the major media companies in 2011. The report indicates that major media companies have seen cash growth between 24% and 94% over the past year, while earnings also rose healthily, between 11% and 41%. So companies like CBS and Viacom — which rely heavily on advertising — were on the high end.
Report Says CBS, Viacom Are Capital Kings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
Latest TV News
- CMT President Brian Philips To Depart After 16 Years At the Viacom Network
- Primary Wave Adds Trio To Management Ranks
- Joel Zadak Makes Partner At Principato-Young Entertainment
- Fox’s Sky Acquisition: How Do Today’s Findings Affect Proposed Deal?
- ‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Trailer: “Nothing Can Keep Us From Being Free”
- President Donald Trump Sets New Low With Sexist Twitter Attack On Mika Brzezinski