As earnings begin to trickle in, it’s looking like the advertising rebound of 2010 will have a significant impact on quarterly reports. That ad renaissance also helped media and entertainment conglomerates see a large return on capital investment, and in a report by trend analysis firm Needham Insights, analyst Laura Martin says that CBS and Viacom will have the highest return on capital among the major media companies in 2011. The report indicates that major media companies have seen cash growth between 24% and 94% over the past year, while earnings also rose healthily, between 11% and 41%. So companies like CBS and Viacom — which rely heavily on advertising — were on the high end.
Report Says CBS, Viacom Are Capital Kings
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- ‘I’m Dying Up Here’: Xosha Roquemore Set To Recur In Season 2 Of Showtime Series
- ‘The Rookie’: Alyssa Diaz Cast In Nathan Fillion’s ABC Light Drama Series
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz
- NRA’s Dana Loesch, Sitcom Star? ‘NCIS’ Producer Says He Got The Pitch
- ‘Stand Up For Something’ Being Used As Rallying Call For Gun Violence Prevention Movement
- StudioCanal Launching French TV Production Unit