As earnings begin to trickle in, it’s looking like the advertising rebound of 2010 will have a significant impact on quarterly reports. That ad renaissance also helped media and entertainment conglomerates see a large return on capital investment, and in a report by trend analysis firm Needham Insights, analyst Laura Martin says that CBS and Viacom will have the highest return on capital among the major media companies in 2011. The report indicates that major media companies have seen cash growth between 24% and 94% over the past year, while earnings also rose healthily, between 11% and 41%. So companies like CBS and Viacom — which rely heavily on advertising — were on the high end.
Report Says CBS, Viacom Are Capital Kings
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video