Relativity Media is in talks with Scott Derrickson to helm Goliath, a retelling of the Biblical tale of David and Goliath on a heightened 300 level. When the fierce warrior Goliath is sent to track down the foretold king of the Israelites, the young shepherd David gets thrust into an epic chase and adventure fighting for his own life, and his loved ones, in a battle between the young man and the giant. Script’s by John D. Payne & Patrick McKay, and Ryan Kavanaugh, Wyck Godfrey and Marty Bowen of Temple Hill are producing, while Tucker Tooley is exec producer.
Relativity Tackles Goliath With Helmer Scott Derrickson
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast