CBS started the new year with another Monday win as all of its series returned to originals higher. How I Met Your Mother (3.9/11, 10.4 million), Rules of Engagement (3.4/9, 9.9 million) and Two and a Half Men (4.6/11, 15.3 million) all posted their most watched episodes of the season and were up 8%, 6% and 10%, respectively, in the 18-49 demographic from their most recent originals on Dec. 12. Mike & Molly (3.7.9, 12.6 million) and Hawaii Five-0 (2.9/8, 10.9 million) were up 3% and 4% in the demo, respectively, with all CBS series dominating their time slots in 18-49 and total viewers. For the night, CBS averaged a 3.6/9 in 18-49 and 11.6 million viewers. The two-hour season premiere of ABC’s The Bachelor (2.9/7, 9 million) was down 12% in the demo from its January premiere last year when it faced repeats of the CBS comedies. At 10 PM, Castle (2.4/7) was up 26% from its last original on Dec. 6 when it followed the low-rated Skating with the Stars and a Modern Family rerun. ABC finished second for the night with a 2.7/7 in 18-49 and 9.2 million viewers. Fox, NBC and the CW aired reruns. Fox (1.3/3, 4.3 million) was third with encores of House and Lie to Me, followed by NBC (0.9/2, 2.7 million), which ran repeats of Chuck and the Biggest Loser: Where Are They Now? special, and the CW (0.4/1, 934,000), which ran 90210 and Gossip Girl reruns.
RATINGS RAT RACE: CBS' Monday Lineup, 'Castle' Up, 'Bachelor' Debut Slightly Down
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'