CBS started the new year with another Monday win as all of its series returned to originals higher. How I Met Your Mother (3.9/11, 10.4 million), Rules of Engagement (3.4/9, 9.9 million) and Two and a Half Men (4.6/11, 15.3 million) all posted their most watched episodes of the season and were up 8%, 6% and 10%, respectively, in the 18-49 demographic from their most recent originals on Dec. 12. Mike & Molly (3.7.9, 12.6 million) and Hawaii Five-0 (2.9/8, 10.9 million) were up 3% and 4% in the demo, respectively, with all CBS series dominating their time slots in 18-49 and total viewers. For the night, CBS averaged a 3.6/9 in 18-49 and 11.6 million viewers. The two-hour season premiere of ABC’s The Bachelor (2.9/7, 9 million) was down 12% in the demo from its January premiere last year when it faced repeats of the CBS comedies. At 10 PM, Castle (2.4/7) was up 26% from its last original on Dec. 6 when it followed the low-rated Skating with the Stars and a Modern Family rerun. ABC finished second for the night with a 2.7/7 in 18-49 and 9.2 million viewers. Fox, NBC and the CW aired reruns. Fox (1.3/3, 4.3 million) was third with encores of House and Lie to Me, followed by NBC (0.9/2, 2.7 million), which ran repeats of Chuck and the Biggest Loser: Where Are They Now? special, and the CW (0.4/1, 934,000), which ran 90210 and Gossip Girl reruns.
RATINGS RAT RACE: CBS' Monday Lineup, 'Castle' Up, 'Bachelor' Debut Slightly Down
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over