What a depressing way to start 2011. Actor Pete Postlethwaite has passed away at age 64, losing a long fight with cancer. The British actor had his Hollywood breakout with an Oscar-nominated turn as Guiseppe Conlon, the working class Irish father who shared a prison cell with son Gerry in 1993’s In The Name of the Father. He played good guys and bad guys in equal measure and turned in memorable performances in The Usual Suspects, Romeo + Juliet, Jurassic Park: The Lost World, and two current Oscar contenders: The Chris Nolan-directed Inception and the Ben Affleck-directed The Town. The latter performance, as the florist/vicious Boston gangster Fergie, was a showcase for his considerable talent. He’s survived by wife Jacqui and his son, Will, and daughter, Lily.
R.I.P Pete Postlethwaite
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Fleming Jr
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'