Along with his promotional prowess and publishing success with performers like Neil Diamond, Neil Sedaka and Carole King, Kirshner produced and hosted the syndicated Don Kirshner’s Rock Concert from 1973-1981. The show featured a wide variety of artists like the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, the Police and Kiss, among so many others. He was also the man who helped corral songs for the most popular made-for-TV pop group of all time, The Monkees. He was 76.
R.I.P. Don Kirshner
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Velocity Revs Up 2017-18 Programming Slate; Unveils 3 New Series; 13 Returning Franchises
- ‘Rescue Dog To Super Dog’ Unscripted Series Greenlighted By Animal Planet
- Amazon Lands Barry Jenkins & Plan B’s 'Underground Railroad' Limited Series
- FYI’s 2017 Programming Slate Includes Nine New Series, Five Returning Series
- 'Big Bang Theory’ Star Johnny Galecki Teams With Science Channel For 'SciJinks'
- ‘Cash Cab’: Revamped Series Returns To Discovery