Along with his promotional prowess and publishing success with performers like Neil Diamond, Neil Sedaka and Carole King, Kirshner produced and hosted the syndicated Don Kirshner’s Rock Concert from 1973-1981. The show featured a wide variety of artists like the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, the Police and Kiss, among so many others. He was also the man who helped corral songs for the most popular made-for-TV pop group of all time, The Monkees. He was 76.
R.I.P. Don Kirshner
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era