Despite a popular and controversial guest, Howard Stern, the second edition of Piers Morgan’s new talk show on CNN drew 1.27 million viewers, down almost 40% from its Monday premiere. But Stern proved its demo mettle by helping Morgan climb 6% in adults 25-54 (550,719) from the premiere and edge the 9 PM slot leader, Fox’s Sean Hannity (2.2 million, 506,441 in 25-54) in the demo. However, Hannity was in full control among total viewers, beating Morgan almost 2:1. Yesterday, Morgan tweeted to Hannity: “If I don’t smack you down tonight with Howard, I’ll take you on Thursday with Ricky Gervais. love Piers.” He probably will have to wait until Thursday night for the promised full-blown smackdown, though his demo victory last night was impressive. MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow (1.13 million, 264,961 in 25-54) held steady in total viewers and is now running neck-and-neck with Morgan after finishing a distant third on Monday. She slipped in the demo by about 100,000 viewers from Monday.
Piers Morgan Drops 40% In Viewers On Night 2, Inches Up In The Demo With Howard Stern
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series