The four actors have been set to star in A Late Quartet, an independent film from writer/director Yaron Zilberman. Shooting will start later this month in New York. Hoffman, Keener, Northam and Walken will play members of a world famous string quartet. They struggle to stay together on the eve of their 25th anniversary, with illness, ego and lust among the factors that threaten to tear them apart. Imogen Poots and Liraz Charhi also star. Zilberman directs from a script he wrote with Seth Grossman. Zilberman will produce with partner Tamar Sela through their Opening Night Productions banner. Vanessa Coifman, David Faigenblum, Emanuel Michael and Mandy Tagger are also producing. Concept Entertainment, Spring Pictures and Unison Films are the companies behind the film. RKO Pictures will distribute with its chief, Ted Hartley, among the exec producer roster. Zilberman directed the 2004 documentary Watermarks, about an Austrian female swim team from the 1930s.
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Catherine Keener, Jeremy Northam and Christopher Walken Comprise 'A Late Quartet'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Smacking Christian Grey's February Records With $47.5M+ Friday, Amazing $129M-$136M 4-day
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Vertical Entertainment Catches Worldwide Rights To Baseball Pic ‘Undrafted’
- Nigel Lythgoe To Exec Produce Dance Pic ‘Tackling Romeo’ – Berlin
- Focus Features Makes Big Berlin Deal; $9 Million For Interracial Marriage Drama ‘Loving’
- Rob Cohen’s ‘Category 5’ Sees Storm Of Sales Action For Foresight – Berlin
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin