In a development that pushes back the start of The Hobbit a bit, Peter Jackson was admitted today night to Wellington Hospital with acute stomach pains and underwent surgery for a perforated ulcer. According to a statement from the production, “Sir Peter is currently resting comfortably and his doctors expect him to make a full recovery. Sir Peter’s surgery is not expected to impact on his directing commitment to The Hobbit beyond a slight delay to the start of filming.” Between all the turmoil of: Guillermo del Toro dropping out as director; Jackson replacing him; MGM freezing production while it went into bankruptcy; local unions blackballing The Hobbit which almost pushed the production out of New Zealand; why would Jackson be getting ulcers? Here’s to a speedy recovery, Sir Pete.
Peter Jackson's Ulcer To Delay 'The Hobbit'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Bouncing To $300M+; 'Power Rangers' Pummels 'Life' & 'CHIPS' - Midday B.O. Update
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman; She Joins Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest Film News
- Woody Harrelson Tackles ‘Wilson’; Gravitas Bows ‘American Anarchist’ – Specialty B.O. Preview
- No. 12 ‘Moana’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Sundance Hit ‘Patti Cake$’ Gets Summer Release From Fox Searchlight
- ‘The Zookeeper’s Wife’ Review: Animals, Nazis & A Superb Jessica Chastain Make For Memorable WWII Story
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Bouncing To $300M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Pummels ‘Life’ & ‘CHIPS’ – Midday…
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman; She Joins Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update