In a development that pushes back the start of The Hobbit a bit, Peter Jackson was admitted today night to Wellington Hospital with acute stomach pains and underwent surgery for a perforated ulcer. According to a statement from the production, “Sir Peter is currently resting comfortably and his doctors expect him to make a full recovery. Sir Peter’s surgery is not expected to impact on his directing commitment to The Hobbit beyond a slight delay to the start of filming.” Between all the turmoil of: Guillermo del Toro dropping out as director; Jackson replacing him; MGM freezing production while it went into bankruptcy; local unions blackballing The Hobbit which almost pushed the production out of New Zealand; why would Jackson be getting ulcers? Here’s to a speedy recovery, Sir Pete.
Peter Jackson's Ulcer To Delay 'The Hobbit'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest Film News
- NY Gov. Cuomo Extends State's Film Incentives Program
- Jimmy Kimmel Talks Oscars, Politics & What He’d Ask A Certain President-Elect
- New ‘Wilson’ Trailer Gives Glimpse Of Woody Harrelson’s Fatherly Faux Pas
- Ira Deutchman Gets First Spotlight Cinema Laurels For Lifetime Of Indie Service
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $27.5M Weekend, ‘Rogue’ Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK – Box Office…
- Popular Japanese Title ‘Attack On Titan’ Eyed By Warner Bros. For ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Producer David Heyman