In a development that pushes back the start of The Hobbit a bit, Peter Jackson was admitted today night to Wellington Hospital with acute stomach pains and underwent surgery for a perforated ulcer. According to a statement from the production, “Sir Peter is currently resting comfortably and his doctors expect him to make a full recovery. Sir Peter’s surgery is not expected to impact on his directing commitment to The Hobbit beyond a slight delay to the start of filming.” Between all the turmoil of: Guillermo del Toro dropping out as director; Jackson replacing him; MGM freezing production while it went into bankruptcy; local unions blackballing The Hobbit which almost pushed the production out of New Zealand; why would Jackson be getting ulcers? Here’s to a speedy recovery, Sir Pete.
Peter Jackson's Ulcer To Delay 'The Hobbit'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji’ At $768M WW Intensity & 4th #1 In A Row Overseas; ‘Maze Runner: Death Cure’ Debuts – International Box…
- ‘Dead Pigs’ Director Cathy Yan On How Filmmaking & Reporting Are Similar – Sundance Studio
- ‘Ready Player One’ Teaser A Link To Secret Steven Spielberg & Ernest Cline Clip
- Bridey Elliott’s Feature Directorial Debut ‘Clara’s Ghost’ Was A True Family Affair — Sundance…
- ‘Yardie’ Director Idris Elba On Amplifying The Film Adaptation – Sundance Studio
- Jim Hosking Takes On The Romantic Comedy Through ‘An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn’ — Sundance Studio