Paramount Pictures has set the writing team of John D. Payne and Patrick McKay to script The Deadliest Warrior, a feature based on the Spike TV series. Shawn Levy and Dan Levine set it up at Paramount last fall through Levy’s 21 Laps banner. They’ll produce and Levy, who just completed the Hugh Jackman-starrer Real Steel, is eyeing the film as a possible directing vehicle. Payne and McKay most recently sold their spec Goliath to Relativity Media, with Scott Derrickson in talks to direct a retelling of the David Vs. Goliath underdog story. Entering its third season, The Deadliest Warrior pits history’s greatest warriors against one another in fights to the finish to see which fighting style and weaponry prevails. Paramount and Spike TV are sister companies. UTA and Kaplan/Perrone rep the writers.
Paramount Finds Its 'Deadliest Warrior' Scribes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks