Paramount Pictures has set the writing team of John D. Payne and Patrick McKay to script The Deadliest Warrior, a feature based on the Spike TV series. Shawn Levy and Dan Levine set it up at Paramount last fall through Levy’s 21 Laps banner. They’ll produce and Levy, who just completed the Hugh Jackman-starrer Real Steel, is eyeing the film as a possible directing vehicle. Payne and McKay most recently sold their spec Goliath to Relativity Media, with Scott Derrickson in talks to direct a retelling of the David Vs. Goliath underdog story. Entering its third season, The Deadliest Warrior pits history’s greatest warriors against one another in fights to the finish to see which fighting style and weaponry prevails. Paramount and Spike TV are sister companies. UTA and Kaplan/Perrone rep the writers.
Paramount Finds Its 'Deadliest Warrior' Scribes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'