Paramount Pictures has set the writing team of John D. Payne and Patrick McKay to script The Deadliest Warrior, a feature based on the Spike TV series. Shawn Levy and Dan Levine set it up at Paramount last fall through Levy’s 21 Laps banner. They’ll produce and Levy, who just completed the Hugh Jackman-starrer Real Steel, is eyeing the film as a possible directing vehicle. Payne and McKay most recently sold their spec Goliath to Relativity Media, with Scott Derrickson in talks to direct a retelling of the David Vs. Goliath underdog story. Entering its third season, The Deadliest Warrior pits history’s greatest warriors against one another in fights to the finish to see which fighting style and weaponry prevails. Paramount and Spike TV are sister companies. UTA and Kaplan/Perrone rep the writers.
Paramount Finds Its 'Deadliest Warrior' Scribes
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First