Paramount Pictures has set the writing team of John D. Payne and Patrick McKay to script The Deadliest Warrior, a feature based on the Spike TV series. Shawn Levy and Dan Levine set it up at Paramount last fall through Levy’s 21 Laps banner. They’ll produce and Levy, who just completed the Hugh Jackman-starrer Real Steel, is eyeing the film as a possible directing vehicle. Payne and McKay most recently sold their spec Goliath to Relativity Media, with Scott Derrickson in talks to direct a retelling of the David Vs. Goliath underdog story. Entering its third season, The Deadliest Warrior pits history’s greatest warriors against one another in fights to the finish to see which fighting style and weaponry prevails. Paramount and Spike TV are sister companies. UTA and Kaplan/Perrone rep the writers.
Paramount Finds Its 'Deadliest Warrior' Scribes
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans