Need more proof that NFL football is the hottest thing on TV at the moment? CBS’ broadcast of the AFC Divisional Playoff game on Sunday, which featured the New York Jets’ 28-21 win over the New England Patriots, averaged a staggering 43.5 million viewers, to rank as the most-watched Divisional Playoff game ever on any network. It was up 22% from last year’s Jets-San Diego faceoff. On Saturday, CBS’ broadcast of the AFC Divisional Playoff game featuring the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 31-24 win over the Baltimore Ravens averaged 34 million viewers, up 11% over last year’s Baltimore-Indianapolis game and the highest viewer average for the Saturday AFC or NFC Divisional playoff game on any network since 1988. The two games’ average of 38.5 million viewers was the highest viewer average ever for any network’s two AFC or NFC games during a Divisional Playoff weekend.
NFL Games Break More Ratings Records
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis