Need more proof that NFL football is the hottest thing on TV at the moment? CBS’ broadcast of the AFC Divisional Playoff game on Sunday, which featured the New York Jets’ 28-21 win over the New England Patriots, averaged a staggering 43.5 million viewers, to rank as the most-watched Divisional Playoff game ever on any network. It was up 22% from last year’s Jets-San Diego faceoff. On Saturday, CBS’ broadcast of the AFC Divisional Playoff game featuring the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 31-24 win over the Baltimore Ravens averaged 34 million viewers, up 11% over last year’s Baltimore-Indianapolis game and the highest viewer average for the Saturday AFC or NFC Divisional playoff game on any network since 1988. The two games’ average of 38.5 million viewers was the highest viewer average ever for any network’s two AFC or NFC games during a Divisional Playoff weekend.
NFL Games Break More Ratings Records
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips