The online DVD and streaming rental provider which keeps announcing Big Media deal after deal also announced today that it now has 20 million subscribers and expects to have perhaps as many as 23 million by the end of 2011’s first quarter. But the real news is that Netflix blew past Wall Street’s forecasts with its 2010’s fourth-quarter profits jumping 52% with earnings of $47M (compared to $31M a year ago). Revenue rose 34% to $596M.
Netflix 2010 4th-Quarter Profit Jumps 52%
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- LD Entertainment Adapting Julia Walton's Book ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Thor Freudenthal To Direct
- Constantin Film’s ‘Danger Girl’ Finds Scribe In Umair Aleem
- Brendan Fraser Claims Groping By HFPA President In 2003: Report
- ‘Black Panther’ To Pounce Past $500M WW Box Office Today
- Lionsgate’s Newly Branded Studio L Announces Debut Slate Of Digital Content
- Study: Hollywood Films Had Fewer Female Good Guys In 2017