New broadcast entertainment chiefs Bob Greenblatt and Paul Lee are shaking things up this pilot season with some out-of-the-box pilot pickup choices. The latest is an order just made by Greenblatt at NBC for Grimm, described as a dark but fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales exist. It comes from Angel co-creator David Greenwalt and the show’s writer Jim Kouf. Greenblatt previously picked up to pilot Ron Moore’s drama pilot 17th Precinct, a cop drama set in a town where magic rules over science, 1960s drama Playboy and the Broadway show-themed Smash, among others. Meanwhile, Lee has Poe, a crime procedural with Edgar Allan Poe set in 1840s Boston and 1960s drama pilot Pan Am. Grimm is being produced by UMS and Sean Hayes’ Hazy Mills. Greenwalt and Kouf are executive producing with Hayes and his producing partner Todd Milliner.
NBC Picks Up Brothers Grimm-Themed Cop Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'