New broadcast entertainment chiefs Bob Greenblatt and Paul Lee are shaking things up this pilot season with some out-of-the-box pilot pickup choices. The latest is an order just made by Greenblatt at NBC for Grimm, described as a dark but fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales exist. It comes from Angel co-creator David Greenwalt and the show’s writer Jim Kouf. Greenblatt previously picked up to pilot Ron Moore’s drama pilot 17th Precinct, a cop drama set in a town where magic rules over science, 1960s drama Playboy and the Broadway show-themed Smash, among others. Meanwhile, Lee has Poe, a crime procedural with Edgar Allan Poe set in 1840s Boston and 1960s drama pilot Pan Am. Grimm is being produced by UMS and Sean Hayes’ Hazy Mills. Greenwalt and Kouf are executive producing with Hayes and his producing partner Todd Milliner.
NBC Picks Up Brothers Grimm-Themed Cop Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Tony DiSanto’s DIGA Ups Tommy Coriale To General Manager, Sets ‘Jerky Boys’, Neil Strauss, Jay Sankey, Traci…
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Down, ‘Odd Couple’ & ‘The 100’ Rise, ‘Game Of Silence’ Even Against…
- NFL Draft Day 1 Ratings Lowest For ESPN Since 2013
- Kristen Hager Joins ‘The Kennedys: After Camelot’ Miniseries On Reelz
- ITV Taps USA Network Exec Jessica Sebastian As SVP Development
- Netflix Orders ‘The Punisher’ Marvel Series