New broadcast entertainment chiefs Bob Greenblatt and Paul Lee are shaking things up this pilot season with some out-of-the-box pilot pickup choices. The latest is an order just made by Greenblatt at NBC for Grimm, described as a dark but fantastical cop drama about a world in which characters inspired by Grimm’s Fairy Tales exist. It comes from Angel co-creator David Greenwalt and the show’s writer Jim Kouf. Greenblatt previously picked up to pilot Ron Moore’s drama pilot 17th Precinct, a cop drama set in a town where magic rules over science, 1960s drama Playboy and the Broadway show-themed Smash, among others. Meanwhile, Lee has Poe, a crime procedural with Edgar Allan Poe set in 1840s Boston and 1960s drama pilot Pan Am. Grimm is being produced by UMS and Sean Hayes’ Hazy Mills. Greenwalt and Kouf are executive producing with Hayes and his producing partner Todd Milliner.
NBC Picks Up Brothers Grimm-Themed Cop Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?