EXCLUSIVE: NBC and Fremantle have chosen their hosts for their big budget game show pilot, Catch. NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Rice and comedian Michael Kosta will host along with newcomer, Rob Gleeson. The unscripted project, which involves contestants playing a complex version of the game “catch”, could be aimed as a competitive vehicle for the Endemol-produced ABC hit, Wipeout. Former wide receiver Jerry Rice won three Super Bowl rings for the San Francisco 49ers and played in the Pro Bowl 13 times. He’s previously appeared in competition shows including Spike’s Pros Vs Joes and Fox’s Don’t Forget the Lyrics. Kosta, repped by ROAR and WME, is a regular on the LA comedy circuit with credits that include The Tonight Show and Chelsea Lately. His first comedy special will air January 21st as the premiere installment of the Comedy Central Presents series. Gleeson, repped by New Wave, is an 23 year old comedian who began performing in his hometown of Denver at 18.
NBC & Fremantle 'Catch' Game Show Hosts
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report