EXCLUSIVE: NBC and Fremantle have chosen their hosts for their big budget game show pilot, Catch. NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Rice and comedian Michael Kosta will host along with newcomer, Rob Gleeson. The unscripted project, which involves contestants playing a complex version of the game “catch”, could be aimed as a competitive vehicle for the Endemol-produced ABC hit, Wipeout. Former wide receiver Jerry Rice won three Super Bowl rings for the San Francisco 49ers and played in the Pro Bowl 13 times. He’s previously appeared in competition shows including Spike’s Pros Vs Joes and Fox’s Don’t Forget the Lyrics. Kosta, repped by ROAR and WME, is a regular on the LA comedy circuit with credits that include The Tonight Show and Chelsea Lately. His first comedy special will air January 21st as the premiere installment of the Comedy Central Presents series. Gleeson, repped by New Wave, is an 23 year old comedian who began performing in his hometown of Denver at 18.
NBC & Fremantle 'Catch' Game Show Hosts
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins