All the media attention surrounding the controversial new MTV drama Skins didn’t convert into ratings, as the racy freshman drama was down sharply in its second airing last night. The series, which lost a number of advertisers since its premiere, drew 1.6 million viewers, less than half of the 3.3 million who tuned in for the debut last week when it had an original Jersey Shore as a lead-in. In the key 18-34 and 12-34 demographics, the show did a 1 rating vs. 2.7 last week and 1.4 vs 2.9 last week, respectively. Because of the show’s huge lead-in last week provided by a ratings record-breaking episode of phenomenon Jersey Shore, Skins was facing tough Week 2-to-Week 1 ratings comparisons. Indeed, sources said Episode 2 slightly exceeded internal ratings projections at the network. Still, given the big controversy surrounding the show, numbers could’ve held up better.
MTV's 'Skins' Takes Ratings Dive In Week 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers & Trevor Noah Take On Donald Trump-John Lewis Flap
- ABC Buys Muslim Model Comedy From Zainab Johnson, Wanda Sykes, Tom Straw
- Tom Cruise Absolutely Not Inspiration For ‘The Arrangement,’ Creator & Cast Insist – TCA
- Will Donald Trump Strip The FCC Of Some Of Its Regulatory Clout?
- ‘O.J.,’ ‘The Voice’ & ‘Last Week Tonight’ Among NATPE Reality Awards Winners
- Bill O’Reilly To Interview Donald Trump During Super Bowl Pregame