All the media attention surrounding the controversial new MTV drama Skins didn’t convert into ratings, as the racy freshman drama was down sharply in its second airing last night. The series, which lost a number of advertisers since its premiere, drew 1.6 million viewers, less than half of the 3.3 million who tuned in for the debut last week when it had an original Jersey Shore as a lead-in. In the key 18-34 and 12-34 demographics, the show did a 1 rating vs. 2.7 last week and 1.4 vs 2.9 last week, respectively. Because of the show’s huge lead-in last week provided by a ratings record-breaking episode of phenomenon Jersey Shore, Skins was facing tough Week 2-to-Week 1 ratings comparisons. Indeed, sources said Episode 2 slightly exceeded internal ratings projections at the network. Still, given the big controversy surrounding the show, numbers could’ve held up better.
MTV's 'Skins' Takes Ratings Dive In Week 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- NFL Players Union Stands In Solidarity With WGA As Strike Looms
- ‘The Reykjavik Confessions’: Buccaneer Media, Balt Kormakur’s RVK Studios Plot True Crime Drama
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine…
- TruTV’s Andrea Savage Comedy ‘I’m Sorry’ Casts Up With Kathy Baker, Martin Mull
- ‘Wag The Dog’ Comedy Series In Works At HBO
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Episode #2: FYC Emmy Campaigns, ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘American Gods…