All the media attention surrounding the controversial new MTV drama Skins didn’t convert into ratings, as the racy freshman drama was down sharply in its second airing last night. The series, which lost a number of advertisers since its premiere, drew 1.6 million viewers, less than half of the 3.3 million who tuned in for the debut last week when it had an original Jersey Shore as a lead-in. In the key 18-34 and 12-34 demographics, the show did a 1 rating vs. 2.7 last week and 1.4 vs 2.9 last week, respectively. Because of the show’s huge lead-in last week provided by a ratings record-breaking episode of phenomenon Jersey Shore, Skins was facing tough Week 2-to-Week 1 ratings comparisons. Indeed, sources said Episode 2 slightly exceeded internal ratings projections at the network. Still, given the big controversy surrounding the show, numbers could’ve held up better.
MTV's 'Skins' Takes Ratings Dive In Week 2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- ‘Hair’ Will Be NBC’s 2019 Spring Musical
- Starz Launches On Amazon Prime In The UK And Germany, Coming Soon To YouTube TV In U.S.
- Starz Launches StarzPlay On Amazon Prime Video Channels In UK, Germany
- Lionsgate Beats Wall Street’s Q4 Estimates On OTT Revenue, TV Profit Uptick
- ‘The Ranch’ Season 3 Gets Premiere Date; Includes Danny Masterson’s Final Episodes
- Ex-APA Agent Tyler Grasham Escapes Criminal Charges In L.A.