MSNBC did pretty well with its State of the Union telecast, drawing 2.5 million viewers, up 4% from last year’s address, and the only cable news network to increase its audience year-to-year. It was also on par with last year’s ratings for the analysis immediately following President Barack Obama’s speech. But then things went downhill. From 11 PM-12 AM, MSNBC averaged 1.1 million viewers, down 24% from last year. The difference? Last year, the network had Keith Olbermann anchoring the hour. (To be exact, Countdown with Keith Olbermann aired from 10:45-11:45PM last January.) So 3 days after Olbermann’s abrupt exit on Friday night, MSNBC brass may be missing him already.
MSNBC's Post-State Of The Union Address Coverage Down 24% Without Olbermann
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Event Series 'Dig' Pushed To 2015, Eyes Additional Episode Order
- MTV Series 'Eye Candy' Casts 3 Regulars
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neal Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'