MSNBC did pretty well with its State of the Union telecast, drawing 2.5 million viewers, up 4% from last year’s address, and the only cable news network to increase its audience year-to-year. It was also on par with last year’s ratings for the analysis immediately following President Barack Obama’s speech. But then things went downhill. From 11 PM-12 AM, MSNBC averaged 1.1 million viewers, down 24% from last year. The difference? Last year, the network had Keith Olbermann anchoring the hour. (To be exact, Countdown with Keith Olbermann aired from 10:45-11:45PM last January.) So 3 days after Olbermann’s abrupt exit on Friday night, MSNBC brass may be missing him already.
MSNBC's Post-State Of The Union Address Coverage Down 24% Without Olbermann
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Global Media Reacts To Trump Vs. Clinton Debate
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel