EXCLUSIVE: Mike White has just dropped out of directing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that injects flesh-eating corpses to Jane Austen’s 1813 literary classic. I’m hearing that White had a preexisting commitment at HBO and they couldn’t make schedules mesh. Lionsgate chose White after David O. Russell exited but left behind a strong script. I just got a confirmation of the exit, and a statement from White: “I loved the project and looked forward to working with Lionsgate. Unfortunately, the timing could not be worked out. I wish them the best with the movie.” The thriller is a big piece of business for Lionsgate, along with The Hunger Games. They are going right back out to filmmakers to get the project back on track.
Mike White Off 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release