EXCLUSIVE: Mike White has just dropped out of directing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that injects flesh-eating corpses to Jane Austen’s 1813 literary classic. I’m hearing that White had a preexisting commitment at HBO and they couldn’t make schedules mesh. Lionsgate chose White after David O. Russell exited but left behind a strong script. I just got a confirmation of the exit, and a statement from White: “I loved the project and looked forward to working with Lionsgate. Unfortunately, the timing could not be worked out. I wish them the best with the movie.” The thriller is a big piece of business for Lionsgate, along with The Hunger Games. They are going right back out to filmmakers to get the project back on track.
Mike White Off 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Lakeshore Entertainment Taps Lee Toland Krieger To Direct ‘Blackfriars’
- Character Actors To Be Honored This Weekend At 2nd Annual Carney Awards
- Peter Bart: Euros Baffled By U.S. Mega-Deals, But Still Hustle For U.S. Tourists
- FilmNation Boards Marc Webb-Directed ‘The Only Living Boy In New York’
- Breaking Glass Pictures Acquires Indie Drama ‘Actor Martinez’
- ‘Newtown’ Filmmakers Pull Film From 100+ Cinemark Theaters To Stand With Aurora Theater Shooting Families