EXCLUSIVE: Mike White has just dropped out of directing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that injects flesh-eating corpses to Jane Austen’s 1813 literary classic. I’m hearing that White had a preexisting commitment at HBO and they couldn’t make schedules mesh. Lionsgate chose White after David O. Russell exited but left behind a strong script. I just got a confirmation of the exit, and a statement from White: “I loved the project and looked forward to working with Lionsgate. Unfortunately, the timing could not be worked out. I wish them the best with the movie.” The thriller is a big piece of business for Lionsgate, along with The Hunger Games. They are going right back out to filmmakers to get the project back on track.
Mike White Off 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- M.I.A & Ed Sheeran Films Drum Up Global Interest in Rock Docs – Berlin
- Idrissa Ouedraogo Dies: Noted Director Of African Film Was 64
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Stuns ‘Shape Of Water’ But Does This Mean Oscar Is Next?…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- Greenwich Entertainment Acquires Lorna Tucker Docu ‘Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist’
- BAFTA Awards: ‘Three Billboards’ Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods – The Complete Winners List