EXCLUSIVE: Mike White has just dropped out of directing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that injects flesh-eating corpses to Jane Austen’s 1813 literary classic. I’m hearing that White had a preexisting commitment at HBO and they couldn’t make schedules mesh. Lionsgate chose White after David O. Russell exited but left behind a strong script. I just got a confirmation of the exit, and a statement from White: “I loved the project and looked forward to working with Lionsgate. Unfortunately, the timing could not be worked out. I wish them the best with the movie.” The thriller is a big piece of business for Lionsgate, along with The Hunger Games. They are going right back out to filmmakers to get the project back on track.
Mike White Off 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman' Tops $250M Overseas On $40M China Bow; 'IT's At $650M+ WW; 'DM3' Catches 'Dory' - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Hasbro Posts Solid Q3 Results With Entertainment Gains Despite Toys ‘R’ Us Bankruptcy
- Renée Zellweger To Play Judy Garland In ‘Judy’ For Pathé, Calamity Films – AFM
- ‘Mudbound’ Director Dee Rees Talks Career Trajectory, Choosing Producers, And Her Love For Ensemble Casts
- ‘Kingsman’ Tops $250M Overseas On $40M China Bow; ‘IT’s At $650M+ WW; ‘DM3’ Catches ‘Dory’ – International…
- ‘Get Out’ Director Jordan Peele On Divisiveness, Black Identity & The “White Savior”
- ‘Guardians’ Director James Gunn Warned Women About James Toback: “I Couldn’t Stop Him”