EXCLUSIVE: Mike White has just dropped out of directing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that injects flesh-eating corpses to Jane Austen’s 1813 literary classic. I’m hearing that White had a preexisting commitment at HBO and they couldn’t make schedules mesh. Lionsgate chose White after David O. Russell exited but left behind a strong script. I just got a confirmation of the exit, and a statement from White: “I loved the project and looked forward to working with Lionsgate. Unfortunately, the timing could not be worked out. I wish them the best with the movie.” The thriller is a big piece of business for Lionsgate, along with The Hunger Games. They are going right back out to filmmakers to get the project back on track.
Mike White Off 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
'America's Got Talent' Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, 'MasterChef' Down From 2016, 'Big Brother' Up
Brian Kilmeade Whines Jimmy Kimmel "Attacked Me" After Being Called "Phony Little Creep" In Health Care Fracas
Latest Film News
- Director Darren Aronofsky Defends ‘Mother!’ As “A Punk Movie” Designed To Provoke
- Nina Dobrev Joins Ken Marino’s ‘Dog Days’ Pic, Filming Roger Avary’s ‘Lucky Day’
- Josh Greenstein Re-Ups At Sony As Marketing & Distribution President For Three More Years
- Oscars: Russia Enters Andrey Zvyagintsev’s ‘Loveless’ In Foreign Language Race
- Skybound And Universal Pics Developing Feature Based On Comic Series ‘Kill The Minotaur’
- Peter Bart: In A Polarized U.S., Hollywood Struggles To Find The Mainstream