EXCLUSIVE: Mike White has just dropped out of directing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that injects flesh-eating corpses to Jane Austen’s 1813 literary classic. I’m hearing that White had a preexisting commitment at HBO and they couldn’t make schedules mesh. Lionsgate chose White after David O. Russell exited but left behind a strong script. I just got a confirmation of the exit, and a statement from White: “I loved the project and looked forward to working with Lionsgate. Unfortunately, the timing could not be worked out. I wish them the best with the movie.” The thriller is a big piece of business for Lionsgate, along with The Hunger Games. They are going right back out to filmmakers to get the project back on track.
Mike White Off 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For 'Grey's Anatomy', Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing Duties
Latest Film News
- Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
- Lionsgate Ripe For Takeover As Amazon, Verizon and CBS-Viacom Emerge As Potential Suitors
- MarVista Entertainment Buys Lea Thompson’s Helming Debut; CFI Releasing Acquires ‘Life And Nothing More’
- Brad Carlson Moves From Paramount To Skydance Media Overseeing Physical Production For Features
- XLrator Media Acquires Two Pics For Lifeframe Label; Comedy Dynamics Picks A Pair
- ‘Jumanji’ Drumbeat Rises To $700M+ At Worldwide Box Office