EXCLUSIVE: Mike White has just dropped out of directing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that injects flesh-eating corpses to Jane Austen’s 1813 literary classic. I’m hearing that White had a preexisting commitment at HBO and they couldn’t make schedules mesh. Lionsgate chose White after David O. Russell exited but left behind a strong script. I just got a confirmation of the exit, and a statement from White: “I loved the project and looked forward to working with Lionsgate. Unfortunately, the timing could not be worked out. I wish them the best with the movie.” The thriller is a big piece of business for Lionsgate, along with The Hunger Games. They are going right back out to filmmakers to get the project back on track.
Mike White Off 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest Film News
- Jim Parsons Options Film Rights To TV Line Chief Michael Ausiello Memoir ‘Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies’
- Disney-Fox Deal: Murdochs On ‘New Fox’ Strategy And “The Next Great Leg Of Our Journey”
- How Disney’s Streaming Dreams And Nightmares Over Silicon Valley Invasion Drove Fox Deal
- How The Overwhelming Disney-Fox Movie Lineup Will Impact Rivals And Exhibitors
- Disney-Fox Deal: Rupert Murdoch Says No Loyalty To TV Networks, Only “Must See Fox News”
- Disney-Fox Deal: Bob Iger Discusses Digital Future, James Murdoch, Hulu and $2B Cost Savings