EXCLUSIVE: Mike White has just dropped out of directing Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith novel that injects flesh-eating corpses to Jane Austen’s 1813 literary classic. I’m hearing that White had a preexisting commitment at HBO and they couldn’t make schedules mesh. Lionsgate chose White after David O. Russell exited but left behind a strong script. I just got a confirmation of the exit, and a statement from White: “I loved the project and looked forward to working with Lionsgate. Unfortunately, the timing could not be worked out. I wish them the best with the movie.” The thriller is a big piece of business for Lionsgate, along with The Hunger Games. They are going right back out to filmmakers to get the project back on track.
Mike White Off 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest Film News
- Spiderworx Media Launches; $50M Film Fund From Daniel Adams & Mike Flanders Sets First Project
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Grabs $200.4M In Debut; ‘Jungle Book’ A Beast, And With ‘Zootopia’ Disney Has $1.24B From Three…
- Justin Lin Comes Aboard To Help Develop ‘Space Jam 2’
- Actress Bella Thorne Signs With CAA
- Shocker! Brad Weston Stepping Down As New Regency President & CEO
- ‘Puppet Master’ Reboot In Works With S. Craig Zahler Penning Script