McG knows a thing or two about directing reboots of classic franchises featuring ass-kicking gals having helmed the two Charlie’s Angels movies. Now my colleague, TVLine’s Michael Ausiello, is reporting that McG has emerged as the odds-on favorite to direct David E. Kelley’s freshly greenlit Wonder Woman pilot for NBC and Warner Bros. TV. Sources stress that there are no talks going on as McG has not met on the project yet, but word is that he is considered a fronturnner for the job. While a very active TV producer with 4 series on the air, Chuck, Supernatural, Nikita and Human Target, McG rarely directs in TV as he’s been keeping busy in features. His only previous TV directing gigs are helming the pilots for Chuck and Fastlane, both projects developed and produced by McG’s WBTV-based company.
McG To Direct NBC's 'Wonder Woman' Pilot?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
Latest TV News
- ‘Borgen’ Creator Adam Price Preps Faith-Themed Drama ‘Rides Upon The Storm’
- James Corden Helps Arnold Schwarzenegger Perform Film Career In 6 Minutes
- Ellen Albertini Dow Dies: ‘Wedding Singer’s’ Rapping Granny Was 101
- Fox Drama & Comedy Pilots Start Staffing
- ‘Gotham’ Finale: EP Bruno Heller Sets Up Season 2’s Big Joke & Gets Fishy
- Peter Chernin Mulls Independent Future For His TV Company