McG knows a thing or two about directing reboots of classic franchises featuring ass-kicking gals having helmed the two Charlie’s Angels movies. Now my colleague, TVLine’s Michael Ausiello, is reporting that McG has emerged as the odds-on favorite to direct David E. Kelley’s freshly greenlit Wonder Woman pilot for NBC and Warner Bros. TV. Sources stress that there are no talks going on as McG has not met on the project yet, but word is that he is considered a fronturnner for the job. While a very active TV producer with 4 series on the air, Chuck, Supernatural, Nikita and Human Target, McG rarely directs in TV as he’s been keeping busy in features. His only previous TV directing gigs are helming the pilots for Chuck and Fastlane, both projects developed and produced by McG’s WBTV-based company.
McG To Direct NBC's 'Wonder Woman' Pilot?
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M To $20M; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid-Teens
Keira Knightley-Starrer 'Colette' In First Big Sundance Deal: Bleecker Street & 30WEST Team For U.S. Rights
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police “On Speed Dial” For Death Threats
- ‘The Sun Ladies’ Filmmakers On Telling The Story Of “Empowered Women” Through A VR Lens…
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Jessica Chastain
- Endemol & Viacom’s C5 Dispute Big Brother UK Cancellation Claims
- ‘SNL’ Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
- Ryan Murphy Wanted To “Move The Cultural Dial” On TV With “Triumphant” Gay Characters…