McG knows a thing or two about directing reboots of classic franchises featuring ass-kicking gals having helmed the two Charlie’s Angels movies. Now my colleague, TVLine’s Michael Ausiello, is reporting that McG has emerged as the odds-on favorite to direct David E. Kelley’s freshly greenlit Wonder Woman pilot for NBC and Warner Bros. TV. Sources stress that there are no talks going on as McG has not met on the project yet, but word is that he is considered a fronturnner for the job. While a very active TV producer with 4 series on the air, Chuck, Supernatural, Nikita and Human Target, McG rarely directs in TV as he’s been keeping busy in features. His only previous TV directing gigs are helming the pilots for Chuck and Fastlane, both projects developed and produced by McG’s WBTV-based company.
McG To Direct NBC's 'Wonder Woman' Pilot?
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- AT&T Lost TV Subs In Q2, But Still Beat Analysts’ Earnings Expectations
- Nat Geo Teams With Leonardo DiCaprio To Adapt ‘The Right Stuff’ As Scripted Series
- ‘Broad City’ Stars On Censoring Trump & The Feminist Message Behind The Series — TCA
- Nat Geo Wild Greenlights New Series With Survivalist Les Stroud, ‘Road To Westminster’ Special; ‘Untamed’ Season 2…
- Nat Geo Sets Documentary Specials On Princess Diana, ‘Long Road Home’ & ‘Titanic’; ‘StarTalk’ Guest Cast…
- TV One Names Michelle Rice Interim General Manager As Brad Siegel Exits As President