McG knows a thing or two about directing reboots of classic franchises featuring ass-kicking gals having helmed the two Charlie’s Angels movies. Now my colleague, TVLine’s Michael Ausiello, is reporting that McG has emerged as the odds-on favorite to direct David E. Kelley’s freshly greenlit Wonder Woman pilot for NBC and Warner Bros. TV. Sources stress that there are no talks going on as McG has not met on the project yet, but word is that he is considered a fronturnner for the job. While a very active TV producer with 4 series on the air, Chuck, Supernatural, Nikita and Human Target, McG rarely directs in TV as he’s been keeping busy in features. His only previous TV directing gigs are helming the pilots for Chuck and Fastlane, both projects developed and produced by McG’s WBTV-based company.
McG To Direct NBC's 'Wonder Woman' Pilot?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’: 5.81 Million Check In For Unveiling
- Peter Mensah To Haunt ‘Sleepy Hollow’; Elle McLemore Knows ‘Grease Live’ Is The Word
- ‘Impractical Jokers’ Renewed For Season 5 By TruTV
- HBO Hires Film Producer & Executive Nora Skinner As SVP Drama Programming
- Murdoch Apologizes For “Real Black President” Tweet But Ben Carson Defends It
- Hy Hollinger Dies: Longtime Hollywood Trade Reporter Was 97