The Closer star Kyra Sedgwick has signed on to join Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the Ole Bornedal-directed Ghost House Pictures thriller Dibbuk Box. Lionsgate has set the film for October 28, 2011 release. Sedgwick will play a mom whose youngest child becomes strangely attached to an antique wooden box purchased at a yard sale. The girl’s behavior becomes erratic and her divorced parents get the carvings on the box deciphered and find the box contains a spirit bent on devouring its human host. Juliet Snowden & Stiles White wrote the script and Ghost House’s Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert will produce. Sedgwick, who’s finishing her seventh and final season of The Closer, is repped by UTA and Impression Entertainment.
Kyra Sedgwick Joins 'Dibbuk Box'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Fox And Viacom Lead Media Stock Rally Sparked By Merger Speculation
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…
- Oscars 2018: A Look At Contenders In The Best Animated Feature Race
- Josh Hartnett & Margarita Levieva To Star In Crime Thriller ‘Inherit The Viper’
- Costume Designer-Turned-Helmer Courtney Hoffman To Direct Feature From Her ‘The Good Time Girls’ Short
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls