The Closer star Kyra Sedgwick has signed on to join Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the Ole Bornedal-directed Ghost House Pictures thriller Dibbuk Box. Lionsgate has set the film for October 28, 2011 release. Sedgwick will play a mom whose youngest child becomes strangely attached to an antique wooden box purchased at a yard sale. The girl’s behavior becomes erratic and her divorced parents get the carvings on the box deciphered and find the box contains a spirit bent on devouring its human host. Juliet Snowden & Stiles White wrote the script and Ghost House’s Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert will produce. Sedgwick, who’s finishing her seventh and final season of The Closer, is repped by UTA and Impression Entertainment.
Kyra Sedgwick Joins 'Dibbuk Box'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest Film News
- Al Gore Tests Box Office Climate With 'An Inconvenient Sequel'; New Pics With Cotillard, Butler & Cera…
- ‘The Murders Of Molly Southbourne’ Picked Up By Cathy Schulman’s Welle Entertainment
- New ‘Flint’ Water Crisis Documentary Unveiled At Traverse City Film Festival
- George Clooney Promises Legal Action Over Paparazzi Photos Of Infants
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?