Former Veronica Mars star Kristen Bell has been tapped for a lead role opposite Don Cheadle in Showtime’s dark comedy pilot House of Lies. Written by Matthew Carnahan based on the book by Martin Kihn, the project centers on Marty (Cheadle), a self-loathing highly successful management consultant from a top-tier firm who is never above using any means necessary to get his clients the information they want. Bell will play Jeannie Van Der Hooven, a razor-sharp, Ivy-League graduate who works at Marty’s firm. Bell joins previously cast Dawn Oliveri as Marti’s ex-wife, Josh Lawson as Ben Schwartz as his co-workers, Glynn Turman as Marty’s psychoanalyst father; and Donis Leonard Jr. as his young son. Jessika Borsiczky is executive producing the pilot, which will be directed by Stephen Hopkins. Production is slated to begin in February in New York and Los Angeles. Bell’s last regular TV role was on NBC’s Heroes. The actress, repped by CAA and Brookside Artist Amanagement, will next be seen in the features Scream 4 and Everybody Loves Whales.
Kristen Bell To Co-Star In Showtime's 'House of Lies' Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- NBCU And Snap Inc. Launch Digital Studio With Lauren Anderson Heading Content
- Jimmy Kimmel Returns To Brooklyn, Vowing To Be “As Artisanal As It Gets”
- Trevor Noah Probes Chicago Murder Rate To Kick Off ‘The Daily Show’ Windy City Week
- Univision Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS In Carriage Dispute
- John Dunsworth Dies: The ‘Trailer Park Boys’ Actor Was 71