NBC Universal TV Group Chief Marketing Officer John Miller is joining NBCU’s sports division to create and head The NBC Sports Agency immediately following the pending acquisition of NBCU by Comcast. After 25 years of running marketing for NBC, Miller in June stepped down as president of The NBC Agency to focus full-time on the NBCU-Comcast integration while remaining as CMO. At the time, he moved to the East Coast and was planning to retire at the end of the year. But he is now back in the marketing game full-time with The NBC Sports Agency. The new entity will be modeled after the he NBC Agency, which Miller co-founded and led from 1999-2010. It will focus on marketing NBC Sports Group assets, including soon-to-be-integrated Comcast properties, and serve as an agency for NBC Sports’ partners and advertisers. While at NBC, Miller, who is credited with creating the ubiquitous “Must See TV” campaign and branding such hit shows as Seinfeld, Friends, ER and The Cosby Show, also creating campaigns for the Olympics and Sunday Night Football.
John Miller Returns To Top Marketing Post At NBCU, Will Launch & Run NBC Sports Agency
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Harassment Scandal
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations