EXCLUSIVE: Though it hasn’t yet been shopped to studios by Media Rights Capital, Neill Blomkamp’s District 9 followup Elysium is looking better and better. He’s just gotten Jodie Foster to commit and join Matt Damon and District 9‘s Sharlto Copley to the sci-fi film he wrote and will direct as his next project. Simon Kinberg is producing. Plot is being kept under wraps. Foster most recently completed directing and starring alongside Mel Gibson in The Beaver, which Summit Entertainment will release April 11. Foster is also starring alongside Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly in God of Carnage, the Roman Polanski-directed adaptation of Yasmina Reza’s Tony-winning play. Foster’s repped by ICM.
Jodie Foster Joins Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Raw’ Director Reminds That Cannibals Are People: “We Label Them As Inhuman” – Sundance Studio
- AMC Theaters CEO Says He’s Focusing On Operations, But More Deals Are Possible
- Uni/Blumhouse’s ‘Split’ Is A Hit With $40M; ‘Xander Cage’ Falls Down – Monday Final
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds…
- Netflix’s ‘Come Sunday’ Adds Stacey Sargeant; Joseph Ferrante Cast In ‘LAbyrinth’
- Peter Bart: Oscar Nominations Aren’t Emotional Roller Coasters Of Past Years