EXCLUSIVE: Though it hasn’t yet been shopped to studios by Media Rights Capital, Neill Blomkamp’s District 9 followup Elysium is looking better and better. He’s just gotten Jodie Foster to commit and join Matt Damon and District 9‘s Sharlto Copley to the sci-fi film he wrote and will direct as his next project. Simon Kinberg is producing. Plot is being kept under wraps. Foster most recently completed directing and starring alongside Mel Gibson in The Beaver, which Summit Entertainment will release April 11. Foster is also starring alongside Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly in God of Carnage, the Roman Polanski-directed adaptation of Yasmina Reza’s Tony-winning play. Foster’s repped by ICM.
Jodie Foster Joins Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest Film News
- New Tax Credits Boost Filming In L.A. In Q3
- Jack Huston & Jennifer Aniston Join War Pic ‘The Yellow Birds’
- Robert Wagner Joins Sci-Fi Thriller ‘What Happened To Monday’; ‘Little Pink House’ Adds Jeanne Tripplehorn & Callum…
- Blake Jenner Joins Hailee Steinfeld In STX Coming-Of-Age Drama
- Matt Phelps Tapped For Ubisoft Motion Pictures VP Role As L.A. Office Opens Doors
- Alchemy Expands Exec Roles For Brooke Ford & Jeff Deutchman