EXCLUSIVE: Though it hasn’t yet been shopped to studios by Media Rights Capital, Neill Blomkamp’s District 9 followup Elysium is looking better and better. He’s just gotten Jodie Foster to commit and join Matt Damon and District 9‘s Sharlto Copley to the sci-fi film he wrote and will direct as his next project. Simon Kinberg is producing. Plot is being kept under wraps. Foster most recently completed directing and starring alongside Mel Gibson in The Beaver, which Summit Entertainment will release April 11. Foster is also starring alongside Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly in God of Carnage, the Roman Polanski-directed adaptation of Yasmina Reza’s Tony-winning play. Foster’s repped by ICM.
Jodie Foster Joins Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jessica Chastain Sitting Bull Painter Pic ‘Woman Walks Ahead’ Snapped Up By A24 & DirecTV
- APA Investigating Agent As Two Men Come Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations
- Ex-Deputy L.A. Film Czar Appointed To New AFCI Position Of President
- Viacom Has Running Room With Ratings Uptick, Charter Carriage Deal–UBS Analyst
- The Deadline Podcast: “What Is A Movie?”, With Guest Robert Evans
- Naomi Watts To Star In Psychological Thriller ‘The Wolf Hour’