New York Post’s theater columnist Michael Riedel broke a story this morning about Barbra Streisand’s formative plans to star in and direct a screen adaptation of the musical Gypsy. The New York Times’ rival theater guy Patrick Healy has confirmed his report, and expanded it. He says Streisand won’t direct, only star in the arrangement she has reached with Stephen Sondheim and Arthur Laurents. The rights are with Warner Bros, which made the original film, and NYT asserts Joel Silver will be the producer.
In Other Film Deals…
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?