New York Post’s theater columnist Michael Riedel broke a story this morning about Barbra Streisand’s formative plans to star in and direct a screen adaptation of the musical Gypsy. The New York Times’ rival theater guy Patrick Healy has confirmed his report, and expanded it. He says Streisand won’t direct, only star in the arrangement she has reached with Stephen Sondheim and Arthur Laurents. The rights are with Warner Bros, which made the original film, and NYT asserts Joel Silver will be the producer.
In Other Film Deals…
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'
- Netflix Sets 'Crouching Tiger 2′ As 1st Feature; Hollywood's Nightmare?
- 'Boyhood's Richard Linklater Baseball Pic Fielded By Annapurna, Paramount
- Matt Bomer Joins Ryan Gosling & Russell Crowe In 'The Nice Guys'
- 'Saturday Night Live' Debut: Who Directed This Hot Mess?
- Gerard Butler Eyes Babak Najafi As 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Helmer