Some 8.5 million viewers tuned in for the Season 3 premiere of Jersey Shore on MTV last night, making it the highest-rated series telecast on MTV ever. It shattered Jersey Shore‘s previous record for most-watched episode, which was 6.7 million. In MTV’s target demo of persons 12-34, the Jersey Shore premiere (8.3 rating) was up 63% vs. the reality series’ Season 2 debut. And despite airing at 10 PM, Jersey Shore was the second highest-rated program on any network among adults 18-49 behind CBS’ The Big Bang Theory.
Huge Ratings For 'Jersey Shore' Premiere
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'