Some 8.5 million viewers tuned in for the Season 3 premiere of Jersey Shore on MTV last night, making it the highest-rated series telecast on MTV ever. It shattered Jersey Shore‘s previous record for most-watched episode, which was 6.7 million. In MTV’s target demo of persons 12-34, the Jersey Shore premiere (8.3 rating) was up 63% vs. the reality series’ Season 2 debut. And despite airing at 10 PM, Jersey Shore was the second highest-rated program on any network among adults 18-49 behind CBS’ The Big Bang Theory.
Huge Ratings For 'Jersey Shore' Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Writer Says Jeffrey Tambor Accusers Told “Their Truth” & Series Should Not “Be Taken Down” By…
- ‘Doctor Who’ Sneak Peek: Peter Capaldi Makes Final Appearance In Special
- FX To Develop ‘Highway 59’ Crime Drama Series Based On Attica Locke’s Book ‘Bluebird, Bluebird’
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix