Some 8.5 million viewers tuned in for the Season 3 premiere of Jersey Shore on MTV last night, making it the highest-rated series telecast on MTV ever. It shattered Jersey Shore‘s previous record for most-watched episode, which was 6.7 million. In MTV’s target demo of persons 12-34, the Jersey Shore premiere (8.3 rating) was up 63% vs. the reality series’ Season 2 debut. And despite airing at 10 PM, Jersey Shore was the second highest-rated program on any network among adults 18-49 behind CBS’ The Big Bang Theory.
Huge Ratings For 'Jersey Shore' Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’
- Ioan Gruffudd’s Disney-Produced ‘Harrow’ Scores Second Season Ahead Of Debut
- Stephen King’s ‘The Bone Church’ To Be Developed For Series By Chris Long & David Ayer’s…
- Disney Channel Launching Toon Series ‘Amphibia’ & ‘The Owl House’, Renews ‘Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil’ For…
- Olympics Ratings Rise With Russian Skating Drama, Steady With Sochi 2014
- Abrams Artists Agency Expands Alternative Programming & Digital Department With New Hire