Some 8.5 million viewers tuned in for the Season 3 premiere of Jersey Shore on MTV last night, making it the highest-rated series telecast on MTV ever. It shattered Jersey Shore‘s previous record for most-watched episode, which was 6.7 million. In MTV’s target demo of persons 12-34, the Jersey Shore premiere (8.3 rating) was up 63% vs. the reality series’ Season 2 debut. And despite airing at 10 PM, Jersey Shore was the second highest-rated program on any network among adults 18-49 behind CBS’ The Big Bang Theory.
Huge Ratings For 'Jersey Shore' Premiere
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest TV News
- Starz Pays $5M License Fee For Participant Media Series ‘America To Me’ By ‘Hoop Dreams’ Steve…
- Senate Reaches Deal To End Government Shutdown On Day 3
- ‘Snowpiercer’ Showrunner Josh Friedman Exits TNT Series
- Sony Launches Free-To-Air Crime Channel In The UK
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Gets Biggest Bump In Consumer Demand Post-Golden Globes
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question