EXCLUSIVE: CAA has just hired Kami Putnam-Heist away from WME, and I’m told the talent agent will bring her longtime client James Franco. Putnam-Heist has been with WME for more than five years. She has repped Franco for six years, signing him while she was an agent at Gersh. Because this has just happened, it wasn’t immediately clear which other clients might be joining her. According to a client list on IMDB.com, she is aligned with some real up-and-comers and some vets. That list includes The Social Network’s Armie Hammer, Percy Jackson and the Olympians’ Logan Lerman, True Blood (and reported Superman candidate) Joe Manganiello, NBC Chuck‘s Zachary Levi who just played the male lead in Tangled, and Prom’s Thomas McDonell. She worked on the WME team that reps Spider-Man’s Emma Stone, and vet clients include Kate Bosworth, Bradley Whitford, and Dennis Farina. Franco jumps in the midst of a career-changing year. He’s considered a strong candidate for a Best Actor nomination for playing Aron Ralston in the Danny Boyle-directed 127 Hours. Late last year, Deadline broke the story that he’ll co-host the upcoming Academy Awards with Anne Hathaway.
Holiday Heist: CAA Signs James Franco & His Agent Kami Putnam-Heist From WME
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest