HBO has passed on the comedy pilot Documental, from Tropic Thunder cohorts Justin Theroux, Steve Coogan and Ben Stiller. The project, written and directed by Theroux, was filmed in London. It stars Theroux as a documentary filmmaker who tracks down his idol, an equally inept filmmaker (Coogan), and documents his return to his craft. Stiller was among the pilot’s executive producers as were Theroux and Coogan. Last week, HBO picked up another comedy pilot, Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow’s Girls, to series. In addition to Documental, the pay cable network also recently passed on drama pilots Miraculous Year and All Signs of Death. Coming up: Armando Iannucci’s comedy pilot Veep, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, which is gearing up for production, and the Diane Keaton starrer Tilda, which is still awaiting word on its fate.
HBO's 'Documental' Pilot Not Going Forward
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- ‘The Night Manager’ Trailer: John Le Carré Spy Thriller With Hugh Laurie, Tom Hiddleston & Olivia Colman
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ Pilot Ordered By Fox, Damon Wayans Starring, McG Directing
- Syfy Orders ‘Prototype’ Thriller Pilot
- Emily Kinney Joins ABC’s ‘Conviction’
- ‘Talking Saul’ To Follow ‘Better Call Saul’s Premiere And Season Finale On AMC
- ‘Scandal’ Ratings Return Down, ‘Shades Of Blue’ Even & ‘Big Bang Theory’ Up