HBO has passed on the comedy pilot Documental, from Tropic Thunder cohorts Justin Theroux, Steve Coogan and Ben Stiller. The project, written and directed by Theroux, was filmed in London. It stars Theroux as a documentary filmmaker who tracks down his idol, an equally inept filmmaker (Coogan), and documents his return to his craft. Stiller was among the pilot’s executive producers as were Theroux and Coogan. Last week, HBO picked up another comedy pilot, Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow’s Girls, to series. In addition to Documental, the pay cable network also recently passed on drama pilots Miraculous Year and All Signs of Death. Coming up: Armando Iannucci’s comedy pilot Veep, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, which is gearing up for production, and the Diane Keaton starrer Tilda, which is still awaiting word on its fate.
HBO's 'Documental' Pilot Not Going Forward
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…