HBO has passed on the comedy pilot Documental, from Tropic Thunder cohorts Justin Theroux, Steve Coogan and Ben Stiller. The project, written and directed by Theroux, was filmed in London. It stars Theroux as a documentary filmmaker who tracks down his idol, an equally inept filmmaker (Coogan), and documents his return to his craft. Stiller was among the pilot’s executive producers as were Theroux and Coogan. Last week, HBO picked up another comedy pilot, Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow’s Girls, to series. In addition to Documental, the pay cable network also recently passed on drama pilots Miraculous Year and All Signs of Death. Coming up: Armando Iannucci’s comedy pilot Veep, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, which is gearing up for production, and the Diane Keaton starrer Tilda, which is still awaiting word on its fate.
HBO's 'Documental' Pilot Not Going Forward
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Nears Season 2 Renewal At Netflix
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot
- ESPN Layoffs: Jayson Stark & Trent Dilfer Among Several Big Names Let Go By Sports Giant – Update
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Global Exhibition Set To Kick Off In June