In the formally-titled Media Growth Survey conducted by firms Jordan, Edmiston Group and Econsultancy, 82% of industry executives said organic growth would be their respective company’s major growth driver within the next two years. Other growth drivers included: launching new products or services (76%); expansion of market share (70%); expansion into new territories (41%); entering new vertical markets (36%); and making an acquisition (35%). Among companies with more than $250 million in annual revenue, 81% percent of those executives expected to make an acquisition in the next 12 to 24 months. The first annual survey was conducted online in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Growth, Acquisitions Fuel Media Optimism
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong Un' Targets Christmas Shoppers: 'Weekend Update'
- Mike Myers' Dr. Evil Advises Sony, Kim Jong Un On 'SNL'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists