EXCLUSIVE: C’mon, who doesn’t think that Glee has become so crassly commercial that next thing it would do is start a boy band. Well, that’s about to become a reality in a big way with an episode featuring songs of that tween heartthrob Justin Bieber. This episode is supposed to air a few days into the Paramount release of Bieber’s 3D biopic Never Say Never. Despite some contradictory statements from Ryan Murphy yesterday, I’ve learned from insiders that the episode tentatively scheduled for February 15th will feature a storyline about this season’s new character, transfer student Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet) deciding to start a boy band, and he’ll sing 3 Bieber songs on the show. (I’ve watched maybe 5 minutes of Glee so I’ve never seen this kid Chord. But he also sports a Bieber-like sideswept-bangs hairstyle.) Hey, this is primetime so there could be last-minute changes in the episode now filming but this has been the plan. And consider this yet another of my shameless plugs for Bieber’s Internet/Twitter traffic.
'Glee' Plans Justin Bieber-Licious Boy Band
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Natalie Dormer To Topline & Produce Vivien Leigh Series With FremantleMedia & UK’s Mainstreet Pictures
- David Cross Latest ‘Arrested Development’ Star To Apologize To Jessica Walter; Show’s UK Press…
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- ‘Cobra Kai’: Martin Kove Becomes Series Regular For Season 2 Of YouTube Show
- ‘Big Little Lies’: P.J. Byrne Set For Season 2 Return
- ‘American Princess’: Lesley Ann Warren & Max Ehrich Set To Recur In Lifetime Series