EXCLUSIVE: C’mon, who doesn’t think that Glee has become so crassly commercial that next thing it would do is start a boy band. Well, that’s about to become a reality in a big way with an episode featuring songs of that tween heartthrob Justin Bieber. This episode is supposed to air a few days into the Paramount release of Bieber’s 3D biopic Never Say Never. Despite some contradictory statements from Ryan Murphy yesterday, I’ve learned from insiders that the episode tentatively scheduled for February 15th will feature a storyline about this season’s new character, transfer student Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet) deciding to start a boy band, and he’ll sing 3 Bieber songs on the show. (I’ve watched maybe 5 minutes of Glee so I’ve never seen this kid Chord. But he also sports a Bieber-like sideswept-bangs hairstyle.) Hey, this is primetime so there could be last-minute changes in the episode now filming but this has been the plan. And consider this yet another of my shameless plugs for Bieber’s Internet/Twitter traffic.
'Glee' Plans Justin Bieber-Licious Boy Band
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices