EXCLUSIVE: C’mon, who doesn’t think that Glee has become so crassly commercial that next thing it would do is start a boy band. Well, that’s about to become a reality in a big way with an episode featuring songs of that tween heartthrob Justin Bieber. This episode is supposed to air a few days into the Paramount release of Bieber’s 3D biopic Never Say Never. Despite some contradictory statements from Ryan Murphy yesterday, I’ve learned from insiders that the episode tentatively scheduled for February 15th will feature a storyline about this season’s new character, transfer student Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet) deciding to start a boy band, and he’ll sing 3 Bieber songs on the show. (I’ve watched maybe 5 minutes of Glee so I’ve never seen this kid Chord. But he also sports a Bieber-like sideswept-bangs hairstyle.) Hey, this is primetime so there could be last-minute changes in the episode now filming but this has been the plan. And consider this yet another of my shameless plugs for Bieber’s Internet/Twitter traffic.
'Glee' Plans Justin Bieber-Licious Boy Band
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Doctor Who’ Sneak Peek: Peter Capaldi Makes Final Appearance In Special
- FX To Develop ‘Highway 59’ Crime Drama Series Based On Attica Locke’s Book ‘Bluebird, Bluebird’
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- ‘Mad Men’s Marti Noxon Speaks Out Against Matthew Weiner: “I Believe Kater Gordon”