EXCLUSIVE: C’mon, who doesn’t think that Glee has become so crassly commercial that next thing it would do is start a boy band. Well, that’s about to become a reality in a big way with an episode featuring songs of that tween heartthrob Justin Bieber. This episode is supposed to air a few days into the Paramount release of Bieber’s 3D biopic Never Say Never. Despite some contradictory statements from Ryan Murphy yesterday, I’ve learned from insiders that the episode tentatively scheduled for February 15th will feature a storyline about this season’s new character, transfer student Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet) deciding to start a boy band, and he’ll sing 3 Bieber songs on the show. (I’ve watched maybe 5 minutes of Glee so I’ve never seen this kid Chord. But he also sports a Bieber-like sideswept-bangs hairstyle.) Hey, this is primetime so there could be last-minute changes in the episode now filming but this has been the plan. And consider this yet another of my shameless plugs for Bieber’s Internet/Twitter traffic.
'Glee' Plans Justin Bieber-Licious Boy Band
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’
- NBC’s Robert Greenblatt On The Importance Of Leaving A Digital Footprint – NAB Show
- ‘Turn: Washington’s Spies’ Gets Season 4 Premiere Date; AMC Unveils Key Art
- TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
- ABC Sets Season Finale Dates
- Seth Meyers & Stephen Colbert Take On Donald Trump’s First 100 Days