EXCLUSIVE: C’mon, who doesn’t think that Glee has become so crassly commercial that next thing it would do is start a boy band. Well, that’s about to become a reality in a big way with an episode featuring songs of that tween heartthrob Justin Bieber. This episode is supposed to air a few days into the Paramount release of Bieber’s 3D biopic Never Say Never. Despite some contradictory statements from Ryan Murphy yesterday, I’ve learned from insiders that the episode tentatively scheduled for February 15th will feature a storyline about this season’s new character, transfer student Sam Evans (Chord Overstreet) deciding to start a boy band, and he’ll sing 3 Bieber songs on the show. (I’ve watched maybe 5 minutes of Glee so I’ve never seen this kid Chord. But he also sports a Bieber-like sideswept-bangs hairstyle.) Hey, this is primetime so there could be last-minute changes in the episode now filming but this has been the plan. And consider this yet another of my shameless plugs for Bieber’s Internet/Twitter traffic.
'Glee' Plans Justin Bieber-Licious Boy Band
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations